Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Talkback: Parents banned from children’s sports day

Replies

• I find this whole subject annoying, of course you should be able to photograph and video your children, especially on precious days, like sports day and when they are performing, to deny this is absurd! Makes me laugh, every week LIVE on national television you see footballers walking onto the pitch holding hands with young kids in their football kit for the whole country to see as well as 70,000 spectators, yet you cannot photograph your own kids at your local school, with maybe 100 people present, this is absolutely ridiculous and beyond belief in my opinion.
  • i can see where theyre coming from once you reach the point that its not at there usual school, but still im sure a little extra work and they could have allowed parents there, at my sisters school they had the parents 'checked in' and given a sticker they then sat in one area and it would have been clear had someone strayed from the group. They also had a teacher take some photos that theyre selling for a a few pence each to raise money for the school and also another safer way of doing things, her school is small i suppose 40-50 children per year group and only goes nursery-yr4 but sports days another one of those things you look forward to as a parent and its so exciting as a child having your mum there, its harsh but i know at the end of the day id rather my children were safe if it was a large event that couldnt be 'policed'!