Forum homeโ€บ Article comments
๐Ÿšจ Advance warning ๐Ÿšจ This forum will be closing on 1st May โ€“ please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: Swine flu and pregnancy

Replies

• Options
    i'm due number 3 inoctober and i am worried about this.ย  my eldest start a playgroup at the end of the month where he's bound to pick up everything going round.ย  suppose we just have to get on with it and hope for the best, as they say most people get a mild dose, but the thought of being in the last trimester with 2 toddlers to look after and getting flu on top of that doesn't bare thinking about
  • Options
    you're right i guess we do just have to get on with things - theres nothing we can do about it really anyway except keep washing our hands! ugh, can't bear the thought of being ill as well as being a mum and pregnant - feel like i've only just got through the morning sickness bit!
  • Options
    The effects of Swine flue whilst Pregnant ๐Ÿ˜

So 2015 we found out baby no 2 was on his way (4th pregnancy).

In Dec 2015 @ around 4 months I came down with a really sore throat, head aches & painful joints.

About a week after I 1st became ill, I went to the emergency doctors who prescribed paracetamol & then refered me to the hospital triage who said I was fine & baby was fine so could go home ๐Ÿค”

To cut a long story short I went to & from to: Midwives,triage,doctor & A&E (16 times altogether) but each time I was sent away as the focus was on pre eclamsia,once that had been ruled out I was just dismissed as a pest.

After begging for antibiotics I was finally given some but 2 weeks later Feb16 I was in agony with my joints & couldn't swollow - at a hospital appointment it was suspected I had swine flue but not chased up.

I went back to the same hospital a further 2 times but was still not taken seriously.

@ 7 months pregnant & struggling to catch my breath I went back to the hospital where I was admitted straight away - Turns out I had Swine flu, Neumonia & a pulmonary embolism.

I was left for a further 5 days struggling until at 33+1 I was given an emergency C section & placed into a coma for 2 weeks (baby was resusitated & put into itu).

I didn't meet my baby until he was nearly 3 weeks old ๐Ÿ˜ข

I couldn't move at all during the fisrst few days of being awake, I couldn't stand or walk properly, Talk, see or even breast feed my baby.

I was put on blood thinners which meant I couldn't breast feed, had issues with my joints & nerve pain which was the worst.

I was constantly told I had post natal depression which annoyed me as I knew I didn't but have since been diagnosed with PTSD.

2 years on & I'm still on medication - I haven't been able to return to work & my baby has issues with his breathing espesially when its cold ๐Ÿ‘ถ

Just a little insite into how dangerous swine flu can be for mummies to be ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ‘งโ€๐Ÿ‘ฆ
  • Options
    Are there any other mums to be out there who are terrified about this?! two kids at my daughters nursery have had it and now my daughter has a really bad cold. sure its nothing as she doesn't but with baby number two due in october, i'm being ultra paranoid. relieved to hear its safe to take anti viral drugs though!!