Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Talkback: New hope for couples struggling to conceive

Replies

• Hi Louise,good points there,I've been ttc for over a year for number 3 with no joy,and obviously the nhs would never fund ivf for a third child,and being skint there's no way we could afford treatment.

We had trouble first and second time round and made the decision first time round we wouldn't have ivf,purely because we couldn't hack the dissapointment if it failed.

I totally agree there are people cashing in on the hopes of couples in desperate situations,and think anyone who has ivf is very brave. Congratulations on your baby boy,I hope you will be blessed with another x

• Having gone through IVF twice, I'd be very interested to see what this book has to offer as an alternative.  Although I was successful on my second attempt and now have a beautiful baby boy, I would not be keen to use IVF again when trying for our next baby as much for the prohibitative cost as well as the nasty drugs which need to be taken - they really are not pleasant - necessary, but not pleasant.  

There are a lot of people out there making a lot of money off the back of infertility with useless products whilst abusing the feelings of hoplessness and desperation which infertility can bring - I hope this is not one of them........having a positive attitude can bring as much success as anything else.  Personally, I did acupuncture and a session of hypnotherapy alongside the IVF and hey presto!!  Good luck to anyone out there in this horrible situation - keep the faith and a positive outlook....