Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: Mum feeds toddler 3,000 calories a day

Replies

• Options
    Surely this woman should get prosecuted????? it is a blantant sign of child abuse! The little girl is too young to decide for herself and by the time she does, it'll be too late and she'll be plagued with health problems.
  • Options
    What a fool broadcasting her bad mothering to the world! I cannot believe what she feeds her child - what planet does she live on??? So sad....
  • Options

thats awful, poor thing!!!

i agree about child abuse, knowingly damaging there health is wrong!

• Options

1 word for her IDIOT

I hope that little one gets taken away from her,this is neglet,complete disregard for her daughters health,gross.

• Options
    If she were feeding her child too few calories and therefore starving her, the child would be in care. I see this as an extreme example of all parents responsibilities towards their children's diets
  • Options
    This is disgusting - how can this woman think what she is doing is right. It's one thing wanting to be fat herself but another forcing it on her child. what chance has she got poor thing.
  • Options

I hope the child is taken away before too much damage is done.How does she play like other kids her age when she's so big.Must be a huge strain on her little body carrying that weight.If she's eating that crap,you just know she's got to be lacking in essential vitamins and minerals found in healthy food.The mother's obviously bringing her up to believe this is the way to be,that obese is desirable.At three they'll believe anything Mummy tells them.It's abuse whatever way you look at it.

I don't believe in cutting out unhealthy foods altogether.We eat any and everything in our house,we just do it in moderation so our kids learn to do that as adults.This poor little girl's never going to know how to take care of herself.

• Options

The woman should be locked up for child abuse!

• Options
    she says shes doing it because she cares for her daughter but just because she's not hitting her child doesn't mean that it's not child abuse the child should be taken off her.
  • Options
    I can't believe that people are screaming for the child to be taken away from her mother. What kind of damage would that do? Why do people think that is the solution to everything. Education is the key, why isn't this woman getting help?
  • Options

I am speechless... and disgusted image!!! How can this woman think that by feeding her child like this that she is a great Mum when in fact she is the complete opposite!

Having snacks and treats is all part of life in the 21st century but giving your child chocolate biscuits and cheesecake for breakfast is unforgivable. It would be one thing if she were saying she's slipped into a habit that she can't get out of and needs help but she is positively force feeding her daughter that stuff wanting her to grow up to be an unhealthy adult plagued by lack of mobility and ill health.

By the time the child is a teenager (if not before then) she will be stared at by her fellow classmates and will realise she's different and will more than likely be miserable and who's fault will it all be... her, supposedly, loving mother! Who needs enemies when you have a Mum like that eh?

I personally think it's gone past the point of education, she doesn't even seem to want any anyway, and the child needs to be placed with a family that will give her the life that every child deserves, a healthy and happy one!

• Options
    OMFG i just re read the article and id missed the 'weaned on cheesecake' im speechless
  • Options
    I can't believe what I've just read!  People like that don't deserve to be parents.  That little girl should be taken from her (useless) mother and placed with a loving family who will care for her properly.  Giving your baby a healthy diet is common sense, not rocket science!  There are thousands, if not millions, of people who are unable to have children who would give anything for a baby and would care for him/her properly.
  • Options

I agree with lynne.uk that education could be used in this case. However, this woman is 25 stone herself and clearly has bad eating habits, which she is passing on to her child. Childhood obesity SHOULD be treated as child abuse. It sets a child up for a lifetime of health problems, just like physical abuse can set a child up for a lifetime of psychological problems.

I've always said, "You need a licence to drive a car, a permit to sell something on the street, to register if you want to willingly give yourself to someone for life, but any idiot can be a parent."

• Options
    OMG! That is shocking! how can this woman live with herself knowing she is potentially killing her daughter with sugar, salt and fat? disgusting!