Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Talkback: Soothe your baby’s eczema

Replies

• Sadly I've already tried it and it didn't work for Tom my eldest,but the LO has started with it now and it's fab for his skin!!! Just shows how varied eczema can be!!!!! Smells good too I think!
  • My baby developed eczema when she was only a few weeks old. I was determined not to use any hydrocortisone creams so I researched anything I could get my hands on. Finally, I came across a very informative booklet called Heal Your Baby's Eczema available from simplyeczemafree.com. I learnt how to identify and eliminate the trigger that is unique to my baby. Needless to say, my baby's eczema disppeared and has never come back. I hope that other parents will find this post useful when looking for a natural and permanent cure for eczema.
  • Thanks for such a helpful article! I have a 19 month old who has had eczema pretty much since he was born. We have had him tested for allergies and it seemss to be milk related and changing to goat milk helped a lot, but still hasn't cured it. We manage it now as best we can when he has flare ups from teething or sickness. I found sleep/nighttimes the worst and he would do himself so much damage (not to mention not sleep!) so I designed a baby sleeping bag that stops damage from scratching, even my houdini baby cannot get it off to scratch!

• I've recently discovered the Bamboo Bubby Bag, that has been made especially for babies with eczema. It has stopped my daughter's waking from scratching no end not to mention the damage she was causing herself!

• Hi Susan, 

I'm a writer at Practical Parenting & Pregnancy magazine and love your eczema tip so could you please email me through your full name, age, area you live in, little ones names and ages and a pic of you with your kids to me at pp_letters@magicalia.com and it will appear on the Try This page in the February issue of the magazine.

Many thanks,

Amanda Pauley

• I have 4 children. My last 2 have had terrible eczema from head to toe. Scratching till they bleed and never a full nights sleep from the pain and discomfort. I have tried everything and have been to every doctor. Believe Me! My daughter is recently potty trained and has since grown out the condition. It dawned on me a few weeks after... that maybe it was the diapers??? I changed my sons brand and he has started clearing up too! The rashes were never localized to the diaper area, so nobody would have ever figured. That is the only thing that I didn't change in all of my trial and error.
  • Hi,

Please help i need some advice. My baby is 7 and half months old. 6 weeks ago a rash came up over his tummy and back so i took him to the Gp who said it was a viral rash and would go. I took him back to the Gp after 5 weeks as the rash still there but got worse now over his face, head, neck, tummy and back. Doctor then said it was eczema and gave me creams to put on which havent helped at all! He then got bad sickness and diareah for 5 days, again i took him back to GP but they said it was a bug. We took gim up to the childrens hospital as he had diareah all day and dry nappies for 5 days. The peoadrition looked at his rash and straight away said he was allergic to the formula and to change it. If rash hadnt improved then take him back to GP as might be allergic to milk and need a dairy free formula. Ive done this and no improvement just got worse as now all over his arms and appearing on his legs. Thr GP still says its just eczema and says continue with creams. I really ferl he is allergic to dairy formula but im not getting anywhere with this. Does it sound like he is allergic to milk and what should i do?
  • I've found a great help for my son's eczema is Aveeno Baby hair and body bath gel and Aveeno baby lotion for when they come straight out of the bath. You can get them online if you do a search. Or even the adult Aveeno moisture lotion which can be found at Boots is a really good one.

Joanne