Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Talkback: Is my baby the right weight?

Replies

• I wouldn't know what mine weighimage But they're in correct age clothes and are healthy so I avoid HV if I can!!!!!
  • Noah's 14lb 2 already and he's only 8 weeks ,he's way above the 91st centile line in the red book proper chunky he is.

Zak all of a sudden seems to have lost his baby fat and turned into a little boy ,gone all long and thin like his big brother who is nearly up to my shoulder at 6 there isn't an ounce of fat on him he weighs about 41/2 stone.

Mine seem to go out to go up iyswim they put on a bit of weight before a growth spurt, love chunky babies though with dimples where their knuckles and elbows should be .

• well lolas in 12-18mnths, and guess what so is jack!!!!

Had a big clothes shop on tuesday and he got very excited over a george pig top in next  so i brought age two thinking that would be ok, 12-18 looked teeny, it drowns him, i will have to take a photo tomorow!

Now personally i dont think hes that small hes the same height/size as the other two 2yr olds at toddlers, hes a size 7 shoe, madams a 4 1/2! shes just a giant!

• jack was a very chubby baby but at one he started to slim down and now hes like a twig! lolas never been chubby at all, she has cheeks, thats it!!!image
  • Ooh I love chunky babies!!!!! Mine had like bracelets of fat round wrists-in fact Jc's hands looked like they were just stuck on his arm,no wrist or even slight indentation just a big chubby fist!!!!!!!

Fat thighs fave tho!!!!!!!

•  All mine are big boys their dad is 6'2 - Fin is in size 8/9 clothes and a size 1 shoe. Zak is 27 months and in age 3 clothes size 9 shoe. Noah in 3/6 months only just 2 months old today.

Trouble is I'm only 5'2 so think their all going to be bigger than me by the time their ten - never mind three bodyguards when they take their old mum out.

• Love it when they look like they've got playdough hands stuck onto their arms - so munchable

• Mine will be bigger than me at junior school!!!!!!!! Ah well I can jump to clip em round the ear!!!!!!

Tom quite tall-if we're out most people ask why he's not in school???? Cos he's 2!!!!!! And Jc well he's a mini Ian-only there's nowt mini bout either of them!!!!!

•  Had that with Fin people would say that child is much too big for a pushchair he was only two .bless him . People have always expected too much off him because he has always looked older than he is

• my brother has lovely chubby hands, like bear paws, oh i could eat them hes bigger than jack, but he was 11lb 2oz born compared to jacks 5lb 9oz!!!

andrews 6''5 and 5''10 so they should be tall!

• That's the expression-plastasine hands!!!!! Oh Jc were sooooooo cute!!!!

Laura your mums a trooper!!!! Bloody hell that's a weight!!!!

• she was in labour for 51hrs before they realised he was too big and she had a section, my sister was 9lb 12 and seemed huge!!! but thomas didnt fit the goldfish bowl cribs lol!!!

My two are the smallest babys in the family, lola was 7lb 6.5oz but then i was the only one who didnt crave chunky kitkats i got obsessed with pasta, sour cream and chive dips, and ice! oh and with lola brushing my teeth!image

• Love fat babies.Matilda was 25lb at  6 months.Erin was 19lb at a year.No children are alike.Iwouldn't worry.

They all thin down once they're walking and once they feed themself.Even Matilda's losing some,she's discovered the art of throwing food is more fun than eating.Hmmm!!!!!!!!!

Clothes is a rough guide but they do vary shop to shop.

That's really something ,Laura.That's a whole lot of baby.Poor your Mum.Is he still big now?

• Tom lost a lot once he walked,lost all chubbiness from cheeks too,looked like a little boy rather than toddler before 2image hope Jc looses a little now!!!!
  • im not sure how much he weighs, hes over 29lb though i know because we checked all the carseats 2 months ago and lolas is upto 29lb and hes over that!

Hes in 2-3 clothes,and is taller than lola, and a few cms off jacks height, jack is apparently small, but i disagree even though 12-18mnths jeans are about 2inches too long!!!ive tried asda, boots, tu, cherokee, ted baker, only pair that fit perfect are rocha and now theyre looking like ankle swingers!!! clothes shopping for jack is frustrating!!!

Lolas easy, well i say easy, once ive filtered out all the baby slut clothes, shes easy!

• lola weighs 22lb, jack weighs 28lb 2oz, is he underweight or is she overweight, my hv only deal with under 6mnths and 'problems' at clinic, i have to self weigh both children and i can work out the graph to save my life!