Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Talkback: Half of Brits Christmas shopping already!

Replies

• I did that too.I got loads of wrapping paper,plus cards,and all the more expensive special family cards.The ones you pay a couple of pounds for were 16p.I have a big family,that's lots of cards.Also the ones that the children send to their friends.I've got 4 at school now,that's 30 cards each.A bit of me felt like a cheapskate doing it,but it makes sense and I hope to do it again this year.

We bought a Christmas pudding in January too,it has a 2010 use by date.

There's lots of offers on already.We've been buying the big sweetie tins BOGOF in Tesco,plusa few others.We're getting quite a stock.

I have started some of the presents,nothing worse than hunting down something at the last minute.We're lucky to have Mummy's Cubby ,as we have a loft room,and when it was converted they boarded right out to the eaves,and made the lowest part into the Cubby.It's massive.

Ileft it all too late last year.Iwant to be organised this year,bought and wrapped by December

• All but 2 people sorted. God I'm organised-FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE WHEYHEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!image
  • And i thought I was doing well!! lol!

Have all the kids bought for (including friends kids) just their stockings to do.  Got a few pieces that i picked up in the sales at the end of summer so just got to sort that and decide who gets what and what else needs done.  thinking i might start earlier next year cos it feels so good to be this organised!

• I started of so well and ive fell behind badly, jacks stocking done and a few bits for other kids thats all but we did but a car so i have a good excuse,

Did find the ultimate christmas notebook though, im a list freak! heheimage

• Laura-take the shame-it was you who made me think/act on xmas!!!! C'mon girl-just ordered last 2 pressies tonight!!!!!!
  • gotta buy princess lardy bum and new carseat shes screamed everytime in our car plus its a 3 door so strapping the baby seat in is fiddly she still has 6lb to gain so i can learn to drive, well have a forwrd facer in roos car and ill use the baby one with friends... and the kids need new coats this weekend too!!!! ARGH!!!!

brought lola one and shes looking a bit too tall and jack has huge growth spurt!image blooming pests!!!

• Oh no-nows not good time to say another playgroup friend has given me 3 winters coats. I'm so so lucky 2 are next,all for Jc,which he has got Tom's from last year but least he has choice now,if Tom got his filthy he had to wait til I'd washed it,all the other mums seem to have a couple of winters coats,have you got 2?

• will have, i get jack a cloth one and water proof one iyswim, last year i didnt buy any, grams brought him iggle piggle duffle coat and he inherited 4 more!!! oh and jacks always had a cheapy puffer style body warmer, hes only now out of last years there only £4 at tescos and theyre fab!

Whereas my sister destroyed all her coats so gotta buy chubs new ones! but shes inherited 3 body warmers! lol

• Haven't started coats yet.I did get a fluffy Next one for Merlin.Have to go back for the matching hat and glovesimageI've still got some of Harry's old things,he was the same size and season as Merlin.I'm hoping we've enough in storage so I don't need to buy more yet.I've just spent a fortune on birthdays for the girls,I've got both my parents' next week,then Arwen's birthday at the beginning of December.I've got new uniforms to buy in the next couple of weeks,then shoes for the little girls.Busy,busy,busy.Money,money,moneyimage

• jo matching hat and gloves are a must!!!

i hate it when the get past the baby range and matching sets dont exist!!!

• you know i thought i was mad getting all the hats, gloves and scarves out but at least im not the only one thinking about the winter!! 

I like it all to be matching too, but no such luck.  Connor just pinches whatever wooly hat my dad seems to have meaning  he then has to buy a new one!  Caitlin gets lovely matching sets but always loses abit of it within 2days, never to be found again.  And Andrew goes through gloves like they are going out of fashion!  Luckily tho, Primark do a couple of pairs for a pound.

Got all their coats out and luckily for me, the boys still fit in their big winter coats from last year, only Caitlin needs a new one.  that was a bit of a result tbh!

• thats great!

Jacks the same with gloves and mittens i bulk buy the cheap ones from primark and shoe zone for 99p, they get wet, dirty, lost. Last year his coat had mits on little clips, it was fab until he sussed the clips out! image

• My lads seem to have big heads!!!!!image So it's new winter hats every yearimage Dunno why I bother,Jc has NEVER kept a hat onimage suprise suprise

We got matching first year,but I seem to have a gloves monster in this house-can only ever find 1image

• jack has a huge head! hes in age 4 hat last feb!image
  • Sew the gloves on elastic.Thread it through the sleeves and tie it into the coat hook at the neck.They won't be going anywhere.At least for as long as they let you.

We have glove munchers,sock munchers,can never find anything in this house.

I've got a box in  the cubby with all the hats and scarves and gloves.I'm sure there's something for everyne in there.We have this one lairy stripy hat I knitted.Seems to fit from age 2  to 10.It actually matches a ski suit I bought for Harry(supposed to be £50 got it for £25)and all the kids wore it.Think it might be Arwen's this year

• Oh I love ski-suit thingys!!!!!! Lucky Arwen,that was cheap for 1 of them. Was thinking of getting an all-in-one waterproof one iyswim-have you ever had 1 of those Jo?

• great idea jo, cheers!!

ski suit sounds nice, great price too even better when its had so many owners!

Jack had a waterproof one last year rach, great for a grubby snow, rain, mud loving toddler who falls, alot!

debanhams have them for abour £10-12 full price but theres a sale atm, jacks just been handed down a ridiculously expensive muddypuddles one with stirups (sp) for keeping wellies on, its red so that will do lola bean too!

• Oh wow lucky you-I'll have to get to debenhams this week and have a look-it's mainly for rain,our two are obsessed with puddles!!!!! Wellies ok-except if it's rained for a week-the puddles end up like mini lakes and well you all know how water goes over wellies!!!!!!

may treat myself to 1 too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• hehe i could just see you in the pink flowery one debanhams do rach lol image
  • I've got green Farmer Giles wellies for camping.Should've worn them, to the school yesterday,wouldn't have been any sillier than soggy canvas trainers.Need a new water proof too,I leakedimage.

We have the all in one waterproofs for two of them,whoever fits this time.The little ones live in them when we camp but they're good for the school run too.We got ours from the camping shop.If you get one big enough it'll go over a coat,save your coat a bit,but they're not as warm as the ski suit or the little baby snowsuits.There are often deals,you can get them cheap out of season from outdoors/camping type shops.They're the more expensive  ones Regatta,I think ours are but they don't leak.Essentail for puddle jumping sessions.