Forum home Article comments

Talkback: Forgetful mums: poll results are in

Replies

•  It's not that I forget it's  about having the time in the morning when doing the school run some things are more important like my children getting their breakfast. Do like to make an effort if i'm going out but thats what it is an effort. Would love to be a yummy mummy but i'm just not.

• i only wear makeup for 'going out' i hadnt worn any since having lola and got £30 boots voucher for my birthday so brought all new, i love wearing it, i feel great, but im deffinatly not adding ANYTHING to the morning routine! it takes long enough doing the stuff that HAS to be done!
  • Don't think it's a question of forgetting,we just don't have time.I usually manage a shower and a cup of tea in the morning,that's all for me.There's too much to do getting the kids out.I don't feel the need to dress up and wear make up.I'm not out to impress anyone.Clean and tidy does me.

Forgetful I am though.I forget appointments.Get half way down the road and forget where I am.Once forgot I took a Erin to the school as a baby.Was half way out the gate before I realised something was missing.Nearly left Arthur at my parents' house as a baby too.

• we left lola in a taxi once, luckily the drivers a friend so he just waited for us to realise a good 10-15mins later, he thought it was hilarious, i on the other hand had a breakdown, convinced shed be scared for life!
  • we forget makeup... oh how dare we.... thats up there with going out naked isnt it!