Forum home› Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Talkback: Pregnant? Avoid lots of liquorice

Replies

• I ate loads of it during my pregnancy, really craved it. I wonder how large the study was, liquorice is very popular in Sweden too which suggests there would be more children with low intelligence and behavioural difficulties there than in the UK... My little one is a handful, but then that's not unusuals for 1 year-olds!
  • image is there anything we are allowed anymore?

I had a huge thing for the little blue men in bassets liqourice allsorts until i was about 20wks with my oldest!

• I know! and there was thaht lady at sainsbury's who wasn't allowed to buy cheddar cheese. I do remember reading something ages ago about eating liquorice making you have better orgasms - not sure how they worked that one out?! image
  • Will they change their mind, first you can eat peanuts then you cant then you can so who knows if this is right!!
  • Uh oh! I craved liquorice in my pregnancy. I limited myself so I didn't OD on sugar so hopefully my baby should be ok! She's 7 months and she's  been a wonderfully calm baby so far!