Forum home Article comments

Talkback: Twinkle Twinkle voted our favourite nursery rhyme

Replies

• Twinkle twinkle is always a favourite! I'd be surprised if anything else had beaten it to the number one spot!
  • Jc will be gutted-his fave is wind the bobbin up!!!!!!!
  • yes harry likes that one too, laughs at me when i point to window and door really quickly he also likes leo the lion but i dont know that one he learnt it with the childminder at a playgroup.
  • Tom is apparently above nursery rhymes now!!!!!image Jc loves it when you have to clap hands-wheels on bus a close second for him!!!!!!
  • both jack and lola have twinkle twinkle played on monitor/toy to go to sleep, but nursery rhymes, theyre far to cool for them jacks loves rock music and lola like beyonces single ladies!image
  • LOL that's funny.........     is that because Tom is with the other children now...?        Harrys not into that sort of music yet, everytime I have the radio on in the car he tells me to put CD on which is his CD from a music group we go to (Zebedees).   He gets really humpy if I dont put it on and anything for an easy journey.  Wish he liked other music  but sure it will come with time.....I want to get him dancing think its funny - but he is a typical boy steps on one leg then the other I tell him to wiggle his bum!

Beyonce eh? .................... image

• charlie loves wind the bobbin up and zoom zoom zoom when it comes to nursery rhymes but he also loves the songs they sing on cbeebies, like their new autumn one, the birthday song and the goodnight song lol which i've learnt and he likes me singing it to him although i'm sure the presenters do a better job lolimage
  • Oh I don't know Zoe I do a mean goodnight song off cbeebies!!!!! Sure you do too!!!!!

Yeah Charmaine it's all since nurseryimage Lol at Lola can just see her shaking her ass to Beyonce!!!!!

Tom likes the killers-and oddly enough I listened to their cd on my headphones when I was pregnant? Coincidence? He always trys to hum and sing if they are on radio in car!!!!

Jc is really into a silly childrens cd we have in car,with songs like bare necessities and the tigger song etc.... I like to turn it up and wind windows down so all boyracers can here the jungle book songs!!!!!

Tom loves dancing-well it's skipping really with the odd bum wiggle-he shouts at top of his voice shake your fatty bum bum mummybear!!!!!!!image And divvy here does it!!!!!!

• Not a divvy at all.......All part of the fun of being a mummy eh?    Harry doesnt tell me to dance tells me to stop it!!!  But I am pretty awful!

LOL bet the boy racers want to join in the song.....

Harry quite likes the cbeebies songs too he like the summer one with all the umbellas....

• Oh I liked that 1!!!!!!! Ha bet your'e not that bad-well to your son maybe-I know I embarass tom no end!!!!

Oh I love being silly-could have  a degree in it!!!!!! We like to skip to the song Michael Finnigan-sideways and Jc has to walk under our arms!!!!!! Hope the neighbours can't see!!!!!!!!!!

• charlie loved the cbeebies summer song he would copy the actions and i often found myself turning the volume up when it came on lolimage
  • jack and lola LOVE bobs big fish little fish

but the all time favourite from cebeebies is Hugo monkeys funky jungle conga, now that is ace, i know all the words

Rach, you should see her move its hilarious, she can now get on her knees upright and wriggles clapping her hands, Jacks a real dancer, he can move, no idea where he gets it from!

• Harry always liked Nirvana,the cd I had in the car when I was pg with him.Still hunts down Smells Like Teen Spirit for a blast.Erin liked Queen and Arwen liked Muse,both cos I had them on a lot while pg with them.Arwen's our dancer.

One of the girls has kindly taught Arwen Barbie Girl.I'm not impressed.

Makes a change from the dum dum dum ,dum de dum ,dum de dum,Darth Vader music.

Arwen's not keen on nursery rhymes,but she know lots of the cbeebies and nick jr  songs.I like the Hugo monkey one too.

We used to have a lot of kids cds.They used to act out the heigh ho Snow White one.I have video evidence with which to bribe them in a few years

• oh one of jacks absolute favourites is muse plug in baby, he does this brilliant peter kay frozen smile while turning his head thing whenever its on, love it!!!

Barbie girlimage well you can only hope she gets bored of that soon!

how long before we can start teaching them carols?

• Oh,don't we have two Christmas cds,My First Christmas ELC one and the one everyone has with Slade,and Band Aid,Last Christmas etc,etc....

They go on all day for weeks.All the Christmas carols/Christmas songs.

Feeling all Christmassy thinking about it.I'll have the mullued wine crystal airs out next,lolimage

• we have a triple disk christmas album, i love it, sorry to mean but i HATE kids christmas cds, just hate them so they get stuck with my stuff!!

Everytime jack heard ITS CHRISTMAS!!!! last year he went loopy bouncing around!image

• Oh I think I've got that cd!!!!!! Now xmas 3 cd thingy-really annoying but gotta be played!!!!!

Bet Lola looks cute dancing!!!! Jc got da rythym here-Tom aint bad but he's a little reserved like big fella!!!! Barbie girl?image Oh I hope that doesn't last for you Jo!!!!!!!!

Queen eh? Good choice Erin.

• jack was released in asda today, (wish aldis would do cow and gate stuff)

he stood for 15mins dancing, and typically id left my phone in the car, he got a crowd looked up and skirted behind my legs lol!

• Oh bless him!!!!!! Trust you not to have camera-I'm like that never got it when they do something classic!!!!
  • How sweet.....