Forum home Article comments

Talkback: Four-year-old expelled from school

Replies

• Oh dear, its such a shame that nobody is supporting them though. I hope somebody steps in soon x
  • I think the fact that the parents had refused to agree to an action plan concerning their child's behaviour put the school in a very difficult situation.Lashing out is never acceptable,the parents must realise that.

Wouldn't you do everything possible to settle your child into a school,it's so important they make the right start.Maybe there is an underlying reason he's not settling into school,no one will be able to help him unless school and parents are working together.Schools don't always get it right,but they don't exclude pupils unless they really have to.

If the boy does just sit and play computer games and watch telly all day ,that's not helping,and he certainly won't find those things to be doing at school.If my child was not at school any length of time I'm sure I could find a better way to occupy him.

Maybe it's a little help pointing them in the right direction they need,he's only four,he's got his whole school life ahead of him.

• When it was on the News the mother said words to the effect of  "all he does now is sit in front of the telly and play computer games"

And she wonders why her 4 year old has problems!