Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: James Bulger’s mum fury at Hollyoaks child kidnap plot

Replies

• Options
    You can tell that Hollyoaks ratings are flagging as they had another controversial storyline when a character died in a parachute jump. Apparently her strings were tampered with and it caused outrage as it echoed the case of Stephen Hilder, whose case was veeeeery similar... I'll stick with Eastenders and their tame pregnancy 'shocks' thanks!
  • Options
    So sad - the Hollyoaks people should be ashamed of themselves. At least ask the mums permission - very disrespectful
  • Options
    I quite agree,poor Denise that is not what she needs. Very disrespectful.
  • Options
    It's very disrespectful,I agree.Not necessary either.If asoap's any good,it'll pull in the viewers anyway.You  don't need to shock people to make them watch,at least you shouldn't
  • Options

If anything i feel it will make people turn it off rather than be a "ratings winner". It is just completely inappropriate for a soap, let alone one like hollyoaks to cover a story line like this. As far as i can remember it is all about the beuatifull and self obsessed "student" age.

my sympathy goes out to James mother and hope that she has the sense not to watch any of it.

• Options
    i cant see how theyre gonna fit this in to anywhere, im a huge hollyoaks fan, this isnt the kind of stroyline they normally do!imageimage
  • Options
    Just goes to show that some programmes will do ANYTHING to bring in the ratings. The poor mother image