Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Talkback: Shock births: Two mums didn't know they were pregnant

Replies

• There's a whole series on just these kind of stories,it's on late at night.I've seen a few stories,you'd never think it could happen but it does.Not everyone's periods stop,in which case you probably wouldn't suspect it,and a lot of other symptoms are easily explained away.

• I never believed these stories till about 4 months ago, when i missed a period and was told i was 36 weeks pregnant by my gp.

I still cant get my head around it, i did put on a bit of weight, but still continued having periods, no sickness etc.

However she didnt exactly 'fall out'! Would be easy if that happened wouldnt it!

• I can understand these stories, as I didnt know I was pregnant until I was 6months gone. My periods hadnt stopped, and I had no symptoms! Nobody believed me though, as I'd already had two babies before this pregnancy, so noone could understand how I didnt know! Plus I'm very petite, and I didnt show until I was about 7and half months gone! It was only when I went to my doctor and said I could feel some pain in my back (I have a twisted spine and it plays up sometimes!) that she did an ultrasound and heard a second heartbeat!!!
  • OMG!!!

That is awful! I mean, how could she NOT know she was pregnant? These stories always fascinate me, especially as there seem to be so many of them popping up in the news! 

I love the quote - "the baby just fell out" - as if!