Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: EXCLUSIVE SNEAK PREVIEW: new hi-tech Maclaren buggy on the way!

Replies

• Options

the blurbs impressive and the parent facing looks nice

BUT

when forward facing it looks about 20years old!! would someone please tell them about pneumatic tyres they make such a better ride for baby and mum!

we had a snout at it in mothercare and if they change the chasis it would deffinatly be on my want list!

the package is really good value compared the vast majority about atm aswell!

Oh and the phone bits open on there to 'show' us what it does!image

• Options

Well I quite like the fact it looks 20 yrs old!!!! Prob cos I am old!

And normal tyres-yipee!!!!!! That bleeding Phil&Tedsimage If I have to repair 1 more ruddy punctureimage

• Options

Cor blimey,it's a resurected Maclaren Dreamer from the 80's !!! Very 'retro' !

I loved mine back in the day,but this is horrible !!

• Options

ah rach is the love affair loosing its passion?

I went over glass today, buggy was fine, my mums on the other hand has had 15 punctures in 18mnts!!!!

• Options
    Does look like and old 80's one with extra big wheels on the back.I did like it at a glance but I really don't like the bucket seats,there's so many more attractive pushchairs on the market.Wouldn't mind seeing one in the flesh though,to have a little play.I wouldn't want all those gadgets either,and neither would my baby.Silly gimmick that,although flashing beacon and an airhorn would be useful sometimes
  • Options

Love affair well and truly over it's going on ebay if it carries on!!!!

Love the style,always will,cannot fault that at all,just I'm spending a god damn fortune on inner tubes!!!!! Saw the Mamas and papas version-which has ''normal wheels'' but over £500 so looks like I'll be sticking with a single and Tom walking!!!

How have you got away with that Lau????image

• Options

no idea, maybe cuz it was empty? kids in the car and i moved it to fold it and there was tons!

Ive never ever had punctures and gone over all sorts, lucky i guess.

Andrew said get some of the tough terrain tyres on ebay andrew said they would stop it or the expanding foam inners instead of air,halfords fixed my mums up and treated the tubes and shes had no bother since!

• Options

I looked at new tyres on ebay-mr.scrooge here said and I quote''Rae I'm not buying tyres for something you are likely to get fed up with,when one of our sons walks everywhere''

To which I replied ''of Feck off''

Anyway,the expanding stuff sounds good,well done Andrew,is that the same stuff sold virtually everywhere,I'm sure I used it years ago to fill a hole in ceiling (don't ask)image

Did halfords themselves help your ma?

That slime stuff oozed out all over my friends hall carpet the other weekimage not good,can't get on with that stuff.

• Options

yeah, halfords were great, she went in with a puncture and said help, it keeps happening and they sorted it all out!

and NO rach not the stuff for holes in ceilings, very similar though, roo will find out the name!

• Options

image ok!!! Thanks Andrew,have to check tomorrow as it's time for my lonely walk to shed now!

Or I could just go in and ask for their help! Long way to my nearest halfords-wait til snow starts to melt me thinks!

• Options

i thought the same rach, you should have seen his face!image

halfords are worth it, but then my mum was lucky she got punctured a 5min walk from ours!

i will reluctantly allow him laptop usage so he can find a link!

• Options
    Men!!!!! Told Ian he shook his head at me and gave me the headmaster look.....which is peering from the over his specs with a an all knowing semi smirk......tit.
  • Options

HAHA!!!!

hes yet to find a name, internets bringing up strange things when he trys to look! He thinks he will remember at a really usefull time, halfords should know tho!

• Options
    Cheers ears! Thanks for advice x
  • Options
    Regarding the hi-tech Maclaren it does have lots of whistles and bells but it's far too heavy! Give me a Bee any day image
  • Options

I noticed you can also get the Strollometer as a standalone in the UK now from fit4mum.com. Works out a lot cheaper!

• Options
    not sure we need to put our mobile phones on view for people to piffer!! Have Maclaren realised that their pushchairs needed an update!!