Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: 25 ways to stop ditching your diet

Replies

• Options

Since I had my first little one back in July, I have been calorie counting using a food and exercise diary to lose the weight. I gained a little bit more than just baby weight when I was pregnant so I was determined to get rid of it as soon as possible. Someone posted a link in another forum to a free site called Purple Weight Loss (www.purpleweightloss.com) which I signed up to for a weight loss plan and food and exercise diary. I am honestly thrilled that I did that because I have stuck rigidly to my targets and my excess padding has literally fallen off.

This article is so right that keeping a food diary really helps. It is amazing what you learn when doing a food and exercise diary. For instance, many alcoholic cocktains contain more than 500 caloires (which is really bad) - a few of those and you will pile on the pounds. And, best of all, I found out that a 3 hour mooch around the shops burns around 400 calories.

My hubbie was playing around with my exercise diary and found that 30 minutes of sex burns as many calories as a 20 minute jog so although sometimes you don't feel up for sex for a while after having a baby, this has encouraged me to get back to it sooner image.