Forum home Article comments

Talkback: Baby takes his first steps at 6 months

Replies

• Most of mine sat around six months,except Matilda and Merlin.Matilda was about 9/10 months to sit.We're still waiting for Merlin,at nearly nine months.My earliest walking was Erin,at ten months.Harry was18 months,Matilda was 17 months.Harry bumshuffled at 11 months and only crawled long after he could walk.The others all crawled aroungd 8/9 months.Matilda was n't crawling till 10 months cos she roll.Erin was crawling at 5 months though,long before the others,and feeding herself with a spoon at 9 months.

Mine all talked early,they've learnt their colours and shapes early.Harry was reading numbers by 2.Whirly  could read her alphabet at just over 2,so they were all doing other things.

I think each child is an individual and they all do different things in a different order at whatever age they're ready.Merlin only learnt to roll over a couple of weeks ago.He's not crawling yet,he barely sits for more that a moment and is totally clueless about feeding himself.I'm sure he'll do it all in his own time

Walking at 6 months though is very early,you just wouldn't be expecting it.It was the climbing that followed with Erin that was the biggest worry,cos at that age they just have no idea of danger.

• wow what a clever little fella my son was about 18 months before he could walk he was very tall so couldn't balance well but when they do get walking theres no stopping them and i'm pleased my son took a while
  • charlie refused to even attempt crawling untill 7 months then at 8 months he just suddenly stood up on my bed it was the most amazing thing iv ever seen, he then followed that by cruising around the furniture and by 9 months he wouldnt walk but would jump, so hes nick named little roo, he took his first steps at 9 and half months after watching his sister playing in the paddling pool it was very strange though as he walked 5 steps not just the one wobbly step. I always thought it would be great having a fast developer but it was so hard keeping up with him hes now 18 months and runs everywhere and climb anything hes constantly on the window ceils, on top of the tv, on the table, i hope the family of the 6 month old walking baby have alot of energy as there going to need it. image xxx
  • Jack sat up at 3 1/2 mnths and then that was it! he didnt do anything else, then a week before he was one he crawled and two weeks later he stood up and walked! He only now talks!

Lola on the other hand, sat up at 4mnths, moved not crawled at 5, crawled properly 6-7mnths, first words by 11mnths, walked at 13mnths. Now shes running around saying Peppa pig mummmeeee! well not right now but most of the day! image