Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Dads carrying children on shoulders. Is it really wrong?

Replies

• It's The Daily Mail,first off.The one they give you FREE with your Tesco's  home delivery.It's useful for when something's spilt like the milk,must be why they send it.I'm sure this paper just exists to pick out a new section of the population to have a go at.

Dad's are supposed to carry their kids on their shoulders,spin them round,throw them in the air and do all the Dad games.My DH doesn't do it often enough,so it's far from me watching ashen faced,afraid he'll drop them,I'm joining in,he's the scaredy cat.There's nothing Merlin laughsat more than being thrown in the air,he hads done from about 3 months.

Aaaggh,silly woman,silly paper.Best uses mopping up and peeling spuds.

• I know I'm ashamed at myself for reading it. I only read it online mind, wouldn't be seen dead buying it.

I think i'm just a sadist and enjoy it winding me up so much, Liz Jones today however was way over the top.
  • Being carried on my dad's shoulders is a really lovely memory for me! Trust someone else to try and ruin it! 

• Hello,

People always have to find something to criticise and moan at dont they!!!   I have to admit my OH does scare me with Harry sometimes as he is a little careless when playing rough and tumble and does sometimes end in tears, but I myself carry H on my shoulders sometimes I love tipping him upside down, swinging him around etc, I used to love it as a kid and he does too he is always saying MORE MUMMY!

The person who wrote the article is obviously one of these people who just dont like kids or anything to do with them, or could be very jealous of happy families!

• Sorry but this has got me really rilled today. Liz Jones in the Daily Mail having a pop at dad's who happen to like playing with their kids. http://bit.ly/cpEKFy

Why all of a sudden just turn on dad's and give such a character assassination for no apparent reason.

What's so wrong with carrying the kids on your shoulders anyway, or spinning them around for that matter.

It's what Dad's do best, the rough and tumble games isn't it?