Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Talkback: First collection of mixed race Barbie dolls hits the UK

Replies

• Shouldn't one of them have curly hair? Another doll which doesn't project reality. ::SIGH::
  • I agree with Marcy Webb's statement "Another doll which doesn't project reality. ::SIGH::"
  • A step in the right direction I think - may not be a step far enough for some but at least it is on teh right direction. Visit www.blackbeautydolls.com to buy these and many other black dolls in the UK and Eaurope..
  • Uh the title says Mixed Race Barbie's but the chick who created them is talking about African American girls. Doesn't make since. People need to realize that African American and Mixed are NOT the same.
  • Got quite excited when I found this barbie range as my 5yr old daughter who is mixed race is barbie mad. However these dolls do absolutely nothing to address the issues that some mixed race children go through. The main problem being hair, it's a HUGE deal to a 5yr old who has an afro but desperately wants long glossy hair due to Disney princesses and predominantly white long haired barbies... Why do NONE of these dolls have curly hair or atributes that a young child can relate to?? I want my daughter to grow up loving her natural crazy curls but these dolls are basically saying natural is not the norm! Disgraceful.
  • I think they look really cool! About time I say! Has anyone got any fun Barbie facts??