Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: Baby born weighing a stone

Replies

• Options
    Bless him!!! Bet she's glad it was a sunroof exit!!! Wow he's a whopper!
  • Options

Hi,

I just fell across this and a related article in the mail online forum whilst researching my family history. Healthy weighted babies obviously run in the Crossland genes - I was 11lb 6 ounce birthweight, but you can ignore the ignorant and hurtful comments in the mail. I am a normal healthy sized adult, I like a beer and a burger now and then and would confess to being a salad dodger - but I run a mile and half in under 11 minutes, and at age 42 can give a good run for their money from any of those much younger lazy folk who find nothing better to do than poke critisicm at others from the comfrot of their armchairs.

Incidentally, my younger brother David was born premature and weighed about as much as a paperclip - but it also a "normal" sized adult - further proof that genetics and lifestyle are more to do with how we look than what we eat.

So ignore the doomsayers and enjoy your child - he;s a corker whatever other folks think

• Options

Babies come in all shapes and sizes, we should Love and Adore them all, afterall they are our future,

Congratulation to parents Sharon Needham and Paul Crossland, on the arrival of their beautiful Baby Boy,..Harry.