Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: 8-year-old dancers' video causes outrage

Replies

• Options

My god,sorry but that's wrong.

Imagine who is watching that.......doesn't bear thinking about.

• Options

Outrageous!!! Can't believe those girls parents allowed that! No wonder soooo many kids these days are messed up with self image when parents are allowing 8year olds to dress and act like that...what about playing....what about childhood....what about being care-free, not caring or bothering about your appearance or how you look. It's all happening far too young and too many girls are missing out on just experiencing childhood and being little girls!!!

• Options
    not to mention who TAUGHT that routine to those girls
  • Options

I agree but how do you explain to them when they turn on the TV and see a music video that how Beyonce and Lady Gaga etc are dancing is not acceptable?

Kids copy adults, they always have, I copied Madonna and Kylie as a child, my mum wanted to be in Pans people on top of the pops.  If we don't want our children copying these moves then we can't expose them to the artists who dance like this in their videos.

I had an awkward moment with my almost 4yr old and 7 yr old niece wanting to know what Rihannas song Rude Boy was about!  Had no idea what to say as obviously didn't want to tell them its only about sex until my mother in law announced dinner was ready and they forgot about it.  I'm sure she will bring it up again though, she never forgets!

• Options
    Ok putting this to the reality of what the parents and choreographer did to these young girls....

This is a Pediphiles self gratification master piece. How a parent could even consider this appropriate for this age group is amazing.

Let us put into an adult perspective....when the male (dad) watches Beyonce or Gaga do these moves, Lets go back to Sir-Mix-A-lot I Like Big Butts, are they going Golly Gee that is artistic or are these parents going oh damn now that is a hot woman....THIS IS WHAT A PEDI IS THINKING ABOUT WHILE WATCHING YOUR LITTLE GIRL.....why not just put a target on her....worthless parents who should not have kids.
  • Options

I am a dancer myself and this shocked me! As a parent but also as a dancer! We spend our lives trying to protect our children from things like this and yet here are some parents (in my opinion) exposing their girls to the sex industry! These moves are barely acceptable from adult songwriters let alone 8 and 9 year old girls! Shocking!