Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: Kim Kardashian’s breastfeeding rant on Twitter

Replies

• Options
    So she can expose her boobs for men but when a woman does it to feed her child it's wrong?
  • Options
    These women are showing their breasts all the time, breast feeding is natural and if a little breast gets shown, so be it.
  • Options

I believe it is time for breastfeeding women to realize that we don't all like to see their breasts. It is possible, without harming the child, to cover up with a lightweight blanket or cloth diaper. And, to change the childs diaper at a table is just plain disrespect for others. Most restrooms have installed baby changing stations. Mothers need to use them. I would be repulsed by the whole thing and leave the restaurant. There is a limit. It is just like the young men wearing sagging jeans so that we all get to see what color of underwear they are wearing. Frankly, I don't care what color their underwear is and would like to pull their pant up for them. Where has this culture gone.

• Options

The only Kardacian I  ever heard of was  some alien species on Star Trek something or other.Spelling wrong probly but yeh who and why.

Another spoiled  celebrity mouthing off without thinking then doing a bad job of trying to take back what they said when they realise they were out of line.That's why it's called TWIT er.

If baby needs  feeding then baby should be fed,that's what they're there for,but I wouldn't change a nappy on the table,my lap maybe or a chair,not actually on the table.

Who knows what really happened

• Options
    Obviously Kim Kardashian’s has no understanding of the finer things in our lives, and has a lot to learn.
  • Options
    Lets be honest....breasts come in all shapes and sizes and some are easier to hide than others! BF is a natural thing. Exposing yourself in public is hardly at the top of your agenda and most people attempt to feed in a dignified way (coverup or not!). Perceptions of breasts and their functions change after you have your own children. However, Kim's comments depict a vain, arrogant, IGNORANT person. She should remember that she is in the public eye and has the opportunity to be a positive role model and advocate for many things, rather than sounding like a spoilt child. Comments like those undo all the good work and positive changes that have been made in society in relation to BF. TUT TUT
  • Options
    Good comment PollyB, For me if I saw a woman breast-feeding, I would like ducks to water, all one of nature, love, and our very important future beings, being fed, and I would give the mother a quick smile of approval, and get on with what I was doing,
    As for the nappy-change, mothers are well prepared!, they have wipes and little plastic bags, quick as a flash, baby's nappy would be changed, and for me, I would rather see the baby's nappy changed, than thinking the poor wee lamb is going to have a sore bottom, with nappy rash etc.
    Send Kim Kardashian to me!, I will soon have her trained in the understanding of baby's needs!
  • Options
    Totally agree about the nappy thing!

I think b/feeding ok in public, where I draw the line is at my workplace - we have open meeting areas where we bring in external suppliers. I've seen women who've brought babies in breastfeeding in these areas - makes it incredibly difficult to get a supplier to take us seriously unfortunately!
  • Options
    I can understand the nappy thing... but there is absolutely no reason why a woman should have to cover up while breastfeeding.
  • Options
    I am a mum of three little boys, and I have to say that I do agree with Kim about the nappy changing at the table in a restaurant! I mean how incredibly unsanitary would that be, and I most certainly would not enjoy a meal if there was a stinky little bot in the close vicinity! Mums, we all know how incredibly ripe these little nappies can be ... we've all experienced the overpowering smell of the "changing room", so why on earth should we expose people who are merely trying to enjoy a meal to that? I am a complete breastfeeding advocate, and breast fed all of my children to 18 months of age each, but not once have I exposed myself to anyone else whilst doing it. There are ways to keep it discreet whilst performing this most natural of bodily functions, but if a little gets shown, then really so what? Boobs are for feeding babies, pure and simple. If you don't like it ... don't look! :)
  • Options
    who the hell are the kardashians and why do we have to keep up with them? this is just more of the brain dead idle rich with no common sense.