Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: Angelina Jolie admits her daughter wants to be a boy!

Replies

• Options

No,I was exactly like that as a child,despite all my Mum's efforts.I begged my Mum to let me cut my hair,which she finally allowed me to do when I was nine.I hated dresses,pink,anything girly,I'd wear the most boyish things my Mum would let me get away with.I was also the first girl in our local boys club when I was five,and I loved my brothers' toys.I wanted a BMX,an Action Man and Star Wars figures.I got a girly shopper bike,a Sindy and more girly stuff.I used to ride my brother's Grifter bike and do BMX stunts on my girly bike,dress my Sindy's in Action Man clothes and read every Star Wars book or magazine I could find.Despite all my Mum's efforts,I just wasn't a girly girl.Something clicked at some point and I stopped dressing like a boy,but I still don't do girly frocks,and I'm not at all girly.I love to have my power tools out,I do the gardening,including singlehandedly levelling and laying a lawn this year and shifting vast quantities of sacks of dirt ,I do the DIY,and I build flatpack and fix things.

I've no desire to be a man by the way,it's always been a part of my personality,I don't wish to be defined by gender.My eldest daughter has lots of friends who are boys,she doesn't do dresses,while my second daughter is the opposite.We're all different and we'll be who we be.

• Options
    I don't think a child that young could make that decision. It must be the parents pushing her to look like a boy.