Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Talkback: 47% of UK families admit to eating their dinner on the sofa

Replies

• We often all eat together as a family but it's a really tight squeeze in our kitchen.The children always eat round the table,but sometimes my husband and I have dinner on the sofa in front of the telly.
  • Growing up I was never expected to sit at table,we ate at different times,and the minute I left I ate in front on t.v.

However since having the boys I insist everyone sits at table,with no distractions,all eat together,chat about our days etc,I love this quality time and as we love eating in our house this works for us.

• Growing up most of the time we sat on the sofa and ate, which suited us all then. However the main priority when my daughter started weaning was to get a table to eat together. Its a bit of a squeeze in our house but to me it was important. We all sit down and eat together with no tv/radio on for distraction and it gives us time to talk as a family. This works for us but its down to a each family what they do :)