Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: Controversial maternity fashion line launched by US teen clothing brand

Replies

• Options
    I don't see the problem with it. Why can't teenage mums-to-be still be fashionable?Like mummabear said teenage girls are not going to get pregnant just to try out the maternity range. I don't see it as glamourising pregnancy any more than a trendy looking changing bag.

People seem to forget that the age of consent is 16 (still a teenager) so teenage pregnancies are inevitable and remember you're officially a teenager until you're 20 so not all pregnant teenagers are aged 13, 14 and 15.

Not all teenagers want to get pregnant just to get a council house and claim benefits. Some genuinely do want to be a mum and love their babies dearly like others want to go to college and university. What's wrong with that?
  • Options
    I think personally it's aimed at a market already there,surely no teenager would see a maternity top and think''must have that,must get pregnant''

There's a market out there,so can't really see the connection with the range causing the problem.