Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Talkback: Mums-to-be reveal who their preferred birth partners would be

Replies

• definately have my partner there, although when i had Andrew i would have been as well being on my own, as i completely zoned out! think my mum would just irritate the hell out of me!
  • Yes, I would still want my husband with me, but if I had to have my 4th baby again, I would also have my mum with me.
  • My Mum would drive me up the wall.My husband sits and dozes in a chair unless given instructions.One midwife actually asked if he's always like that.Well yeh.I do feel he ought to be the least bit involved though so have been guilty of moaning and complaining louder than necessary.He does carry the bags for me.I think it's more moral support and for him to see the first moments of his baby's life,and to hold them if you can't.I didn't get to hold Merlin for what seemed like ages so I'm glad Darren was there to hold them.Not forgetting of course they must remind you of anything ever so slightly stupid you might have said under the influence of drugs/pain/hormones/stress.