Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: Smoking ban cuts asthma attacks in Scottish children

Replies

• Options
    i think that its not really looking at the whole story is it? for example, some people may have used the oportunity to give up smoking altogether, therefore causing a reduction in asthma attacks, or perhaps it was just the smokers and their families who were used for the study.

when these reports on studies come out, there really needs to be more information as to the ins and outs of the studies otherwise you could infer all sorts about thge results!
  • Options
    I found it strange that a ban in pubs reduced asthma in children,but then even as a smoker myself as long as there is a decrease,doubt it matters where it stems from as long as some good has come of it!

Maybe it did give many the oppertunity to quit for good,hope so.
  • Options
    Where did the other posts go???
  • Options

the moderators must have removed them, they were a bit too long and boring to read anyway - especially the one which repeated itself about 10 times.

• Options
    its not just pubs that smoking is band its restaurants shopping mails etc etc this is bound to have an effect. somthing im not pround of but as a mam who smokes i often would have walked around in shopping centers pushing my pram smoking a fag, and even had a smoking room in the house.  since the ban which made me think i know smoke outside and never around my son.  MY SONS ASHMA  HAS MORE OR LESS GONE!!  thats food for thought
  • Options
    what have banning smoking in adult pubs and clubs got to do with children and asthma? these are places that children never use to go, so tell us another story, this just sounds like more properganda thought up by ASH and thier health gurus.