Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: How does the Spending Review affect families?

Replies

• Options
    I think the cutting childcare costs is a bad idea. It will just propel single mums and dads into not working rather than choosing to work! I work 16 hours a week with two children and one quarter of my income already goes on childcare fees, and that is with the 80% government help. if i wasn't so worried about showing my children that working is important i would be better off not working, financially speaking!!
  • Options
    Why has it come to this we all have to pay road tax poll tax, so where has our money gone or where is it going?

We pay for our water which was free once upon a time, Im a british citerzen why should we support all the immergrants that our rotten government let in and gave pay outs of up to 9,000 pounds each and our council houses away...and now us british suffer,did we ask for the war in Iraq...

Now its our kids that suffer...I think we should all refuse to pay our council tax as were not getting any sort of proper services...

Then what will the government do?
  • Options
    My main concern is the police cuts, in my county they will be losing at least 400 on the street police officers, and thats actual officers, not including the PCSO's and office staff they are going to lose... Last saturday there were 16 Police Officers covering the whole of Norfolk and they were all in double up cars so that meant we had 8 units protecting our county... and they want to lose 400 of our officers!! Its a disgrace :(
  • Options
    If i country is in so much financial difficulty why are they spending thousands on researching keeping british summer time permanently? why are they giving so much to other countries every time a disaster happens? and please excuse me for not being politically corret and before any one coment i can assure you im not racist but why are we letting people in to the country giving them jobs and funding there education when my husband has been refused appretiships or help with colledge fees to better himself even tho we're on a pathetic £15,000 a year with 3 children because he is over 24!? surely its better he betters him self and becomes an electrician or plummer and has better wages but apparently not. sorry but i think the government is not for familys infact quite the opposit!
  • Options
    If it wasn't so sad, it would be hilarious how people who can't even spell properly go on about immigrants, people stealing jobs and even the help the government gives to disasters where people haven't got a roof over their head and are suffering on a scale beyond anything we will ever imagine !!! ...

'Us British' is unfortunately a very wide range of people and clearly very often NOT the ones who are making the country better or are contributing to the society they so love to cite being part of... all they do is complain and somehow think the government OWES them something??!

Wake up, this is Globalization! Just because you've been born in this country doesn't mean you are better!!? – until you actually contribute that is. Which with your level of education, will be difficult to say the least...
  • Options
    OMG... this is going to cause a drastic change in all the families over the coming years. especially single parents will be affected very badly