Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: Dad told to leave store because his buggy was too big

Replies

• Options

I got my old side by side doulble stuck in Iceland once.Double doors going in,fine.Through the wide checkout,fine.Single door going out.Not so clever.I went out that week and bought a tandem.

I do mainly shop online now too.Just not worth the hassle.

• Options

Shops are just not set up to cater for those of us who have buggies (and i would also think wheel chair users).  I had a tandem but though fine going through doors, it was a nightmare to turn around corners. people even used to jump in front of me in the queue as apparently it didnt look like i was in it! 

even the smallest single buggy, i find is a nightmare round some shops.  yes i too internet shop as i just cant be bothered with the hassle.  am looking forward to the day when i dont have to take a buggy into town!

• Options
    Mia's original buggy was quite bulky & that was just with one baby. I could only shop in the front half of HMV in our town. When we got the double we got narrow one with Ava behind Mia but sold it after 5 months & got stroller & a buggy board. It's so annoying & what gets me even more angry is how do wheelchairs fit round these shops? I thought they all had to be user friendly for everyone.
  • Options

one of my bugbears!!!

Getting round shops is a nightmare these days....even without a pram/pushchair (let alone a double)  aisles are soooo narrow and things are packed in...and it really doesn't help that people are so unhelpful and rude!! You get dirty looks if you bump into anything (i do very regularly) and no one will hold the doors open for you...am now an expert @ getting through doors alone with a pram..almost decline help when it's offered...am polite though...i smile and say thank you..most people just grunt...is so depressing!!

I agree re wheelchairs..must be a nightmare! and blind people with canes or guide dogs as there are so many obstacles...i was on my own in tesco recently and some daft men had left duvet sets all over the floor in the baby isle...maybe they thought it was a little used aisle? I couldn't get near anything (with a 7 month old i neeeed baby items) asked them how long till they moved  the stuff...half an hour they said!!!!! yeah right im not standing waiting to get baby stuff..so dumped trolly   then went to complain to customer services who said they'd sort it....when i asked...as soon as we can..so we went somewhere else...oooh rant over!!

• Options
    Not surprised to read this experience. We have an inline double pram for our two sons and even then we only just manage through any shop floor. Retail shops even in the West End don't cater enough space for double prams.

That's why I shop online for mostly everything!