Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: NSPCC denies involvement with Facebook campaign

Replies

• Options

I also changed my Facebook picture and then changed back after reading it was by a paedophile ring, just goes to show how easy people are influenced on the internet.

I do not consider myself to be a gullable person but stupidly did not even question the authenticity of the page before i changed my profile pic, lesson learned!

• Options

I changed my picture & even if the wasn't the NSPCC who started it, it got people thinking about the

cause which is surely a good thing. I think there is a lot of scare-mongering going on with social

networking lately which is sad. it seems every week I see people linking content to paedophile groups. I

think as long as you use common sense what harm did changing a profile pic do? I have photos

restricted so only my friends can view them & I only accept people I know & trust. i'm just curious as to

how the people who send the 'it's paedophiles really' messages find this out. If they NSPCC say its not

them, who traces it to the start?

• Options

The original post seemed to change over the course of a week though.  My partner posted it on his page at the very start and there was no mention at that point about it being linked to NSPCC, a few days later more of my friends had it posted on their page, with the NSPCC mentioned in it.  Its just grown arms and legs by the sounds of it.

• Options
    Yes I did change my facebook picture.

I dispute the suggestion that it was set up by a paedophile ring.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/facebook-cartoon-profile-change.shtml

Anything that improves the profile of the NSPCC and potentially their revenue cannot be a bad thing.