Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Talkback: Welcome to the new-look Babyexpert.com

Replies

• Thanks for your comments Dudders1

• For some reason I can't post replies from my phone , Android,.. if I start a new thread it will let me type in the title but not the text box. Any ideas why? It worked fine before. Thanks
  • Hi, I cannot comment on threads from my iPhone! Im afraid I won't be back much as i hardly ever get chance to sit down with the laptop! When i try to comment the textbox is missing completely! Such a shame.... I have always used my iPhone to comment before. Hopefully this can be sorted soon. Site looks good though and is easy to navigate. Thanks.
  • Thanks, can you update when its fixed?

I like the new layout but can i make a couple of suggestions to make it a little easier to navigate?? On the old site you could hop between forums from the drop down menu than was at the top of each thread, now you have to go to forum page then select the forum before getting to the topics. Is there any shortcut which could be arranged?

Also I cant edit my posts which is handy when updating testing dates/ due dates at the top of the thread.

Really like the jump to unread posts function though

• Hi Blue_xStarx

Thanks for the suggestion - we agree that there needs to be a forum jump and are working on it now. We should have something set up for you in the next few days to make forum navigation easier.

You can edit your forum posts by hovering over the post - an edit box should appear at the bottom right-hand corner of your post. However, you can only edit the post if it is the last post made in the forum thread.

Glad you like the layout and unread posts function. image

The Babyexpert Team

• Text box is now visible from my iPad! Thanks for sorting this out promptly image For the other users on mobile devices - you can still use smilies, you just have to type them out and the text should be turned into a graphic! Hopefully this works - :roll: :P :O
  • Only works with simple smilies I guess - happy and sad! Better than nothing though!
  • Yey text box works from my phone ! Thank you means I can schive of work lol!

Is there really no way aroun not being able to edit older posts? The ones Im talking about are specifically the 'list' types ie testing dates which are usually kept on first page of thread and updated as thread moves on always keeping the dates at the beginning for easy reference. I know its a work in progress but that would certainly help forum users? Thanks

• The contact us page isn't working!
    Thanks
    Amy
  • Thanks AmyBeeBrown,

We'll get this sorted asap. In the meantime if you need to drop us a line please send emails to prbinfo@immediate.co.uk

Thanks!

The Babyexpert Team

• Hello is there any joy on the edit function being fixed? X
  • Thanks for fixing the edit function. It now works from.my computer bit have noticed it doesn't from my phone. Is there any chance of that being fixed? Thanks
  • I also cant reply/post on my android phone, is there anything you guys can do to fix this?? Its frustrating not being able to post without logging on via my laptop lol

thanks
  • I can't post or reply from my blackberry either which was my main bugbear with the old site image
  • Sorry Sean, i just noticed your reply.

My phone is an HTC Desire HD, android version 2.3.5. Hope that helps image

Thanks
  • I know its only been a few days since my last post Sean but I was just wondering how you were getting on??  Im really missing not being able to post using my phone image

• I've no idea if you still follow this thread Sean but just wanted to say thank you as I can now post using my smart phone image

Cheers
  • As a very regular forum user, I'm not particularly impressed I'm afraid - it no longer recognises my membership to sister websites and it took me sometime to log in as I'd always logged in with username not email - I was registered with an email I haven't used in a long time which didn't help.

I cannot post from my Ipad which is what I generally use, so if this feature isn't fixed, I doubt I'll use the site any more. The text box for a reply or new thread is completely absent on the screen and you therefore cannot do anything.

Having switched to my laptop I was able to post, but the post ground to a halt when I inserted an emoticon.

Although the layout looks easier on the surface of it, it actually all seems to be rather more complicated to use.

I really hope you don't plan to do this to You and Your Wedding too!!