Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Talkback: Q&A: Can I just puree all our family meals for our eight-month-old baby?

Replies

• We feed both our girls the same as us. We have to non-fussy eaters that have a great love for food and trying different things. My mum used to work at our local hospital and a family had made their baby poorly as they blended their meals for their baby but they used salt in every meal and it was too much for the little tot. I think there is no harm in giving babies a taste of grown-up food. Also, have you tried baby food. I always have a tiny bit and if it doesn't taste of anything the don't have it. I didn't want them growing up eating tasteless food. Where is the fun in that?
  • absolutely agree that kids should eat family meals from the youngest age. I cannot understand why you would eat a chicken casserole but feed your child chicken nuggets. Our 2 year old eats everything we do: stir fry beef, chicken tikka masala, chilli, lasagne, fish pie, mushroom risotto.... if he doesn't like it, fine, but more often than not he eats what we have, with the exception that he gets to have full fat milk and cheese while we're on the half fat stuff.