Forum home Article comments

Talkback:

Replies

• our little graddaughter has started to have these bouts of tantrums and it's really worrying us, she just throws herself around screaming and kicking, rollimg into a ball hiding under the table, and really crying, it's so distressing we don't know how to deal with her she eventually wears herself out and goes to sleep is this normal for a 23month old gir
  • hi im 26 weeks pregnant and i work in a factory doing production, heavy lifting and constant bending up and down, im suffering with terrible back problems due to the pregnancy and have it down on record from my midwife, i have had a lot of time off work because of this, but i dont get sick pay so i cant afford to keep having the time off, now ive approached my boss and asked for a chair to sit on so i can cope through out the day, he has said no as its health and safety, but there are chairs on the factory floor which people do sit on to do certain jobs every now and then! also i still have not had a risk assesment done, when i mentioned this to my boss he said he had done it without me, i cant see how thats right? could you help me with where i stand please
  • I have had two miscarriages, one in April and one in September, both at 8wks old. I am going to wait 3 months but it is killing me as i really want a baby. The psychological torture is overwhelming and i am trying to overcome it.
  • This is ambarrassing as a parent but i need help. I've done all that the books says about potty traning. So iam asking you.
    My daughter is 4yrs old and she has constipation problems and has a history of UTI. She has so many accidents at home and at school, She is very afaird to use the toilet. I've even retrain her but still didn't work. I just dont want other children to make fun of her at this age please help.
  • hi can any one please tell me how many times a two and a half year old should have antibiotics i am just a bit concerned as my son has had them 13 times since he was born so if any one can help me please do thank you x
  • my girl bleeding and pain in the belly little cram
    shes 6 week and they cant hear the hearth beat cant some body tell me wat to do
  • Hi!I want to know if my kid have eczema?My baby got sick this pasth month with the flu.The doc in the ER gave him antibiotics for 7 days and he developed a rash that looked like goosebumps.Now that rash is gone but he's developing some blisters in his back that slowly grows and get a brownish crust.He have 3 in the back the size of a nickel.I'm covering them in neosporin and now them looks drier but there are 2 more growing under his arm.My kid is not in pain and the blisters are not itchy but they look horrible.Any suggestions on what are those blisters?
  • hi im 5 weeks and 2 days went last week for a scan and again today with the development being a yolk sac was visible today and not last week, she said its progressing ok, but im woried i didnt see a heart beat
    i would appreciate any advice as i have had 3 mc and i also have a 2 year old
  • i miscarriage last april 13 2012.my doctor advise me not to get pregnant for 3 months,but now its been six months,im not getting pregnant,other say that if you suffer miscarriage its either you will get pregnant soon or its hard to get pregnant again, its that true?
  • i am 32 weeks and have continuous pain on my left side,lower abdomen. i feel nausea,dizzy and so week i hardly do my chores this is my third pregnancy.when i was 12 weeks theu told me ihave cyst in my ovaries.is it normal or it can affect the baby i am so worried.
  • We purchased the Stokke Carrier in Red and it looks great, sadly thats where it ends. It is a complete nightmare getting my daughter in and out and in my opinion not a safe operation at all. Once in yes its good but do you really need to be taking risks for the sake of a 'name badge'? As for putting her in it when she was newborn.....no chance, her little legs were to small to sit properly and she weighed in at 6.9lbs so not a particulary small baby. My sister in-law gave us the BabyBjorn carrier and what a difference. I can not believe the difference in the ease of getting baby in and out....come on Stokke when you charge your prices surely you can afford to have a better research team or is it all about the profit for you. So if it's looks and a badge you are interested in then I would highly recommend the Stokke. On the otherhand if it's comfort ease of use and safey you care about then the BabyBjorn is the clear winner for me, its not a bad looker neither. Prices are similar the BabyBjorn coming in at between £10-£30 cheaper and you know BabyBjorn have done their homework.
  • i have been at my new job for 3 months now and i have just found out im 6wks pregnant. what am i entitled too???
  • Hi, My 20 month old son is having tantrums when his mum gets him up or puts him down to bed. He is normally good natured and is more affectionate than our daughter was (now 4). He is more physical and rough than she was, and has scratched both parents even when not having a tantrum. We always tell him no, likewise when he is too rough with the cat. My partner is getting very upset with the rejection as he lashes out in frustration when having tantrums. It is usually me that gets him and his sister up and gives them their breakfast; then reads stories and puts them to bed. In-between I am at work and my partner has them when she is not at work part time. They both have a good and regular routine which we rarely change. However, he seems to reject his mum more now; after we have had a long weekend away. It was the same on a previous short holiday earlier this year. Similarly, he was ill both times with colds/teething; currently he has a snotty nose and cough and his lower canines are yet to break through, but nearly there. I have been working more from home lately and think he might be rejecting his mum more when he sees more of me. Any ideas?
  • hello, please what kind of food is good for man and his wife trying to get pregnant? is avocados good to eat every day, and what kind of food we should avoid? does any kind of drink be a problem to those trying to be pregnant?
  • Complete guide to immunisations....Really? You have got to be kidding. There is hardly any info. Keep on spreading this crap if you will, but it would be great if you actually informed parents instead of posting this lame guide. Weather or not a parent vaccinates is their choice, but if anyone vaccinated from your article....they really need to think more for themselves and realize that their child deserves better then this. I'm fine with parents vaccinating if they know exactly what they are doing and believe it is best....but this doesn't give any info. Start with some real info next time you want to make a "complete guide". The parents and babies deserve the truth, not just " its best for them that is ALL you need to know." And FYI, not all reactions are immediate and the life threatening ones can take hours to happen...so, yeah, those nurses giving the shots wouldn't see the reactions. That does NOT mean that it is safe or that the reactions are so rare it would take 200 years for them to see...well maybe to see the ones that happen within seconds, but not the normal dangerous reactions that take 30 mins to a few days to happen. One of the most common reactions is often dismissed and it happens all the time, no it doesn't always kill. but it can and is often deemed shaken baby syndrome mistakenly instead of a vaccine reaction. Swelling of the brain, vaccine induced encephalitis. Ever have a baby scream bloody murder for 2+ hours after a shot? that is usually encephalitis. The babies are in pain from their brain swelling. There is so much more I could educate you on, but I know it'll not make a difference at all. As I said, it is for every parent to research, make an educated decision on what is best for Their child. Whatever they feel is right for them is great, as long as they cared enough to do a bit of research. I'm not against vaccinations, but I am against ignorance..and this article is the epitome of ignorance. Sorry to say. Or at least it is because it is claiming to be a complete guide.
  • I had a miscarriage in march but till date my unable to get pregnant again. Pls suggest
  • I am 39 weeks and my whole body is in complete agony, I'm that sore I'm struggling to walk. I'm getting period pain cramps a lot also every time I go to the toilet I have to empty my bowels as well (which is at least once ever hour) my back and pelvis have a lot of strain just now and I'm my pubic bone I'm feeling every movement which is painful....are these signs of Baby coming soon??
  • Im a stay at home mum of 3. And i desparatly need to make some money as xmas is comin and there dads a loser who dont want to know them so im so scared about xmas comin so fast enyone got any ideas
  • Where can I buy this coat? I used the link to Mamas and Papas site and they had no jacket selection....I want this coat!! Can anyone help?
  • im 20 and had a miscarriage its the second 1 :/ i want to try again but am scared what shell i do is there something wrong with me??