Forum home Article comments

Talkback:

Replies

• i am pregnent last 6 months ago but i abort the child by a abortion pill then 3months later i want to pregnent but my last period was delay 10 days then i test the report was positive but 10days later my period was coming how to chance for pregnency
  • i was due on the 15th of January but didnt come on, but had unprotected sex from the 25th of december.
  • My 9 month LO normally goes to sleep with a dummy but goes off on his on, however he wakes 2 times a night to have his dummy put back in. Yesterday we went cold turkey without the dummy all day which was fine until he woke up at 1:30am and couldn't get back to sleep so cried for an hour before eventually going back off. Any advice on how to get my LO back to sleeping through the night? He used to go through fine without a dummy but became more reliant on the dummy from when he was poorly & teething.
  • My marriage 1 year old but I my wife not get pregnant I will did my all medical test all test is normal my sperm ac. 40 mill. I have smoke only 2 cigarette in one day please tell me how I get a baby and what effect of 2 cigarette on sperm account
  • my 9m old son hardly sleeps. im exhausted and stressed and at my wits end. im so frustrated and i need help pronto!!! i dont kniow what im doing wrong. this is my first baby and i cant seem to get a handle on the sleeping. he naps maybe 2x a day and only for about 30min each. at night the routine is normal with a bath at 9p or 930p and then a bottle with rocking. sometimes he'll go right down but that usually only last for about an hour. after that when i try to rock him back to sleep he will fall asleep in my arms but putting him down is a whole other story. every time i go to put him down he starts screaming. it seems as if he wont sleep alone. i havent brought him into bed with me for him to think thats where he should sleep. i even put a pac n play up in my room at the foot of my bed and that isnt working. theres no reflux issues and i also have the white noise in his room. please HELP me with any and all advice.
  • I have also found out that i am just pregnant with my fourth and i currently have and recall this with my other pregnancies.. Its keeping me awake at night. But all of my children.are healthy and carried to full term so im sure baby will be ok. If your really unsure and worried yoi shoild go.to yoir gp;-)
    I hope this was helpful
  • Hello my name is marie i am 27yrs old and trying with my partner to concieve our second baby we already have a beautiful son who is 4yrs old and full of energy, i stuffer from low blood conut and i am.on iron medication to help, myself and partner have been trying for past 3months and no joy i wpuld be very grateful for any advice to help please.
  • Doctor told me that your follicular size is small. the size of follicles after 13 days of mentruation was 1.3 cm. shee told me that your eggs don't develop to enough size and they burst before developing. now my conceern is that how it can solve. how the folllicle size can be developed. what should i use for it. kindly recommend me. 3 years have passed of mt marriage.
  • Hi' I've been off the injection for about 11 months now , I'm 34 years old and my partner is 40 he has three children from a previous relationship, with no problem and this would be my first, we both are worried that time may be slipping by, we both are none smokers only drink ocationly and are fittish people. We hear so many storyies how to increase the chances and the best position we really don't no. So please could you give us some advice. Many thanks.
  • i have recently miscarried , so painfull we had a wonderful christmas surprise as we where told we wouldnt conceive and after almost nine years here it was our miracle ,so feel like i have been on a very emotional road , trying to make sense of it makes you go mad all im doing is trying to have hope and knowing that i did fall pregnant ,i think it was a angel of hope sent to me and mt husband , sorry for all those couples going through all this pain lets all stay positive and we will get there lots of love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Hello, I am 31 weeks pregnant this is my first pregnancy and I started to bleed the other day, (no cramps or pains) I went to the hospital and got checked out. My baby is fine and so is the placenta, but all the doctor's and ultrasound tech told me was I was bleeding above the cervix I've been trying to find out what the technically term for that is so I can read more about it and maybe lessen some stress cause even though they said everything was fine it would be a weight off my shoulders if I knew exactly what was going on. If any of you ladies could help me it would be most appreciated
  • Hi Sarah. Iv had the same. I'm 6 weeks gone and had pain, like period. Everything's fine and a few niggles are totally normal. I had an early scan today to confirm baby is allgood and heartbeat is going strong. If you bleed( not spot), pains get very strong then please go to a+e.
  • thanks a lot for ur information
  • I am 7wks pregnant I've got period like cramps n my lower tummy n legs I have had bleeding though is this normal?
  • my son is 6 eeks old he sleeps all day and then i dont know how to get him to sllep at night but i been trying to keeep him up in the day then wram his bottle about 10 pm so he will sleep a little longer
  • Hi, im very nervous, but hopeful that everything is fine. I had severe cramping on and offfor 2 days, so bad it brought me to tears. Im about 5 weeks and a few days now. After day 2 of cramping I woke up to urinate and notice some blood in panties and some blood discharge while urinating. I did not see and clots though. Since then I have had no cramps, I called dr. And since its sat. And office is closed they put me on bedrest until monday when I can be seen. Most the day is gone now and I have had no more blood issues. What do u think it could be.
  • Why would it seem the medical schools (worldwide) do not highlight the dangers of post natal jaundice and possibility of Kernicterus? My adopted son has this condition and most medical people have either never heard of it or have sparse knowledge of its potentially devestating long term effects. All medical professionals and general public should know of it's existance, the symptoms and the correct treatment. Can you make a programme about it please.

Penny Watts (pennywatts@africaonline.co.sz)
  • That's all really helpfull & all but all these sites offering advice seem to assume that all pregnant women work in an office & have empty meeting rooms; with the hardest part of the day being a paperwork deadline! I wish my job allowed me to sit on my bum and wander around for meetings & then sit down again. There are a lot of us who are physcally demanded of during our working day, such as waitresses, nurses, postal workers etc. To say the least. What can the likes of us do to rest when quite often 9-5 becomes 8.30-6 or midnight shifts & early starts? Unless someone unlocks the key to becoming superwoman, I think we're on our own - & I thought my job was demanding before! Roll on maternity leave!
  • I have three jobs, one I work 24.5hrs per week (insurance related), I work 5hrs per week at a pub and I am an Avon rep so I cant really give an hourly rate on that one.
    Im receiving maternity pay from my 24.5hrs per week job but I have continued to work at my 5hrs per week job as its only one evening a week and is paid weekly therefore helps us see each week through.
    Is what I am doing legal or should my maternity pay stop as a result of my second job?
    Do I need to inform someone that I am working a second job in order that they know to stop SMP if that is the case?

Thank you for your help and time.
    Mrs G
  • Is fast numb cream safe to use at around 3 months pregnant?