Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Talkback: Pregnant women not following vitamin D advice

Replies

• I thought this was a strange article too when it popped up on FB today. I was just told to make sure i'm taking folic acid. At the moment i am on vit D as i'm taking calcium supplements anyway, which come with vit D as it helps absorption. Pregnancy multivits like pregnacare do contain vit D.

• It has been written in my notes for my booking in that mw spoke to me about vitamin d, but i don't remember. Now i have gestational diabetes i have a dietitian. She told me to take pregnancy vitamins including vitamin d as there has been a rise in ricketts! I have been taking them for about 3 weeks now. Not sure what official advice is! Xxx
  • Hi ladies,

It's great to hear your feedback. If you're worried about vitamin D advice, it's worth checking out the official NHS advice: http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/vitamins-minerals-supplements-pregnant.aspx#close

The BX team
  • My midwife didn't mention this at all during my booking appointment. Is this just for scotland or the whole of the UK?