Forum home Article comments

Talkback: Breast milk ice cream to be sold in London

Replies

• Not something I would like to try!
  • I think its a wonderful idea!

we dont mind drinking cow/goat/sheep milk yet our own kind makes people go YUCK!

maybe its something that needs to become socially acceptable. I mean, too many people dont like mothers who breast feed, they consider it "not natural" and get offended. bla bla bla.

and someone said "breast milk is purely for babies"

just as im sure cows milk is only for calfs!
  • I don't think yuck when I hear of breast milk ice cream,I just think that if you have enough breast milk  to spare ,there are better uses for it.If I was lucky enough to have breastmilk to spare,my first thought would be donation to those who needed it ,such as special care babies,not some icecream company using it as a gimmick for publicity and an excuse to charge silly money.

Cows milk is designed for baby calfs but dairy cows ,of course with human intervention,produce much much more than is needed to raise calves and in much greater amounts than a human could ever produce, and  most humans have got used to  drinking it and it's being used for dairy products,same as we use all sorts of other animal products.Breastmilk icecream will only ever be the gimmick .

• I thought!!! Breast milk is purely for babies!!!! Very Weird idea!!! Yuck