Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: 10 of the best 3-wheeler buggies

Replies

• Options
    I also own a Babyjogger summit, which I bought after trying a mountain buggy and easy walker. The main reasons for choosing the baby jogger were it's quick fold mechanism and quick release tyres which make it so easy to transport.

I run with my buggy and do a lot of cross coutry walking. It's so easy to push and manoeuvre and the front and rear suspension makes for a very comfortable ride. It makes a fab travel system and the quality of the carrycot and foot muff far exceeds any other pushchair I've tried.

The only downside to the baby jogger are the rather drab colours, but I'm happy to forego this for a quality product at a very reasonable price. On steep slopes and tight corners on bumpy ground it can become a little unstable. However, once you're used to this it isn't a problem.

It also has a really good, deep hood which is very effective against driving wind and rain, or bright sunshine and all the covers are very easy to remove and wash! I fully agree with Martha, do check out the babbyjogger range for a great 3 wheeler all terrain.
  • Options
    I have an Out n About Nipper 360 single - having previously owned, loved and sold the double version. I love this as its light and easy to push, easy to fold, fits easily into the car, my daughter is really comfortable in it, it goes well on all terrains, its sturdy, has plenty of pockets so you don't have to get the basket.

I have had admiring glances in the past and been asked by parents/parents to be if they could try it - they were impressed and said it made their decision for them. I have two children and can hold one's hand whilst pushing the other. These days I rarely use it as my youngest likes to walk but on long days out it is great for those tired moments and in between those times it carries the picnic etc...

The hood extends out enough that if you have a cosy toes you don't have to use the rain cover in light showers.

I have jogged with this buggy and found it quite easy - I don't really jog either but was training for a fun run.

I can't recommend this enough. Apart from anything if you shop around on line you can get this for under £200 with basket - I did!
  • Options
    I should have added, once you have used the seat adjustment a few times you find its actually quite easy. Instead of feeding it you need to pull the "loose" end to tighten it and make it more upright or pull the "buckle" along to recline.

My 4 year old occasionally demands to sit in it, she still loves it and sleeps in it happily on long walks (much to sisters disgust!).

I had the double when my youngest was 4 weeks old and got a head support, she was always very happy and comfortable in it, the full recline (undo the buckle completely) was perfect.

I have to say that I have had punctures in the past(carpet tacks) with the double but was recommended to buy "slime". It's worth the money - if you get a puncture it doesn't go flat and you can still use it. Most cycle shops sell this as well as the inner tubes. A pump is a good idea and there are many "mini pumps" available in high street cycle shops and supermarkets which fit in the big pocket happily and don't take any space.

Finally, I have to say that I have a "safe seat" step and seat for my eldest child which attaches quite nicely. It seems that the buggy board does not fit this model. Seat to Go is perfect as long as the baby is not in more than half reclined position.
  • Options
    I have an Obaby chase 3 - pramette which is both parent and forward facing. Folds like any petite star but has hydrolics so opens like the quinny buzz - all for £180. Comes in a bright red similar to the silver cross surf or a turquoise colour and will fit the Obaby chase car seat. The seat unit comes off with ease and is reclined with a draw string for ease. The chasis is lightweight and easy to move, when folded it is very compact. The only thing it doesn't come with is a footmuff but for the price I paid I am not complaining!Hope this helps as I could not find any reviews on the internet for it but am a manager for Babies R Us and knew exactly what I was looking for!
  • Options
    I recently tried a Mountain buggy terrain. I was sure this was the buggy I wanted, we live in the country and I wanted an all terrain buggy I could also go running with.

It had great manoeuvrability however it is really heavy! I climb regularly so would consider my upper body strength to be reasonable but I could hardly lift this buggy into and out of the car! A shame as it looks fab!

I ended up trying the baby jogger summit xc. It is almost identical to the terrain but £250 cheaper, fully travel system compatable and has a much nicer carry cot than the mountain buggy. It also weighs just over 10kg even with it's 16 inch rear wheels and best of all has baby jobbers quick fold! This is the easiest folding all terrain pram by miles... My husband kept trapping his fingers in the terrain! The quick release on the wheels is so easy, a few seconds per wheel and it turns on the spot.

So my advice, if you are thinking about the terrain, go an look at the baby jogger. You will not be disappointed!