Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Talkback: How soon can you take a pregnancy test?

Replies

• I have been trying for over 6 years for a second baby and this month I tested 4 days before af was due with a cheapy and I got a line a few people could see but not my hubby so I tested again 2 days before af and it was negative then I started to bleed heavy and had pains so hubby took me to A+E turns out ive had a miscarriage again
  • Hello, I need some advice I had the roid took out a bit ago I started having unprotected sex with my boyfriend recently I have started getting really bad cramp pains in my stomach often sore boobs pains in my side and back and started to gain a lot of noticeable dark stretch marks around the belly area and bottom of my back I have been keeping count of the last time I had sex to take a pregnancy test but I'm not sure when my last period was as it all started mixing

Up when I had the roid out please help when's the right time to take a test could I take one after 2 week even though I don't know when my period is due?
  • Hi there,

Need advice? I had unprotected sex with my husband on the 25th of June and then the 30th of June and the 2nd of July. I was due my period on the 4th of July but it's now late by 5days. I had slight spotting on the 7th of July and have slight cramp and backache today (8th of july). I done a pregnancy test on the evening of the 7th of July and one on The morning of the 8th of July, both negative.

Is it to early to test or should I try again?

Thanks
  • Hi was wondering if anyone could help me please. I had sexual intercourse on the 3rd of august. On the 10th of august i started to spot. My periods were due on the 15th august and i took a pregnancy test but was negative. On the 15th i started to bleed so lost hope and thought periods started..strange thing is my periodz were not as heavy as they usually are.on the 2nd day mid afternoon they completley stopped only when i wiped myslef there was bit of blood. Sorry for the info.. but on my 4th day they completley stopped and i usually my cycle is a week! At times i do feel sick and have tingly boobs.. but not sure if its my hormones or could i be pregnant? If i could get some advice please. I have an doctors appointment..will they do a blood test even though the pregnancy test i done a week ago was negative?
  • Hi I am 7 days late and I am getting sore boob and my nippers hurt to I have done a test but it says I am not pregnant can u help xx
  • I had sex August 19. My period was due July 28. It's almost 2 weeks past. I've taken 3 pregnancy test and all negative. Is it too early & could possibly still be pregnant
  • I am feeling pregnant symptoms i just came off my period Sep9 i had unprotected sex sep10. When can i take a pregnancy test
  • Hi, my period is 3 days late, I've been having lower stomach ache every time I eat in the mornings, cravings for sweets and lower back pain since a week ago, I did a pregnancy test today and it came out negative, is there a possibility I might be pregnant but it is too early to know?? Thanks.
  • Wat if u took a tests and it said positive but now says negative r u still pregnant or not 

• Hi I had unprotected sex a couple of times in the last three weeks I'm not sure if I'm having my period but I had really bad cramps the first day I was fine the next day but it has been a very light period for about four days I've have had really bad naseau a fever and been exhausted for about a week I'm just curious is it my period or is it a possible pregnancy? Please help
  • Oh and I was late this time as well about two days
  • Hi, I need some help.... I'm on birth control and I think I may be pregnant... I missed my last pill of the month (October 3) I thought I was done for the month, turns out I had one pill left. I had unprotected sex twice I'm pretty sure oct 3 when I was off the pill and again a few days after when I was expecting my period. Anyways I completely missed my period this month which is not normal since I'm on birth control, my periods are always on time, which are usually on Wednesdays but it should have came on Tuesday October 6 because I didn't take my last pill. I waited all Tuesday, again Wednesday and everyday after that until Sunday October 11 when I had to start my new package of birth control. Instead of my period I've been getting milky white discharge, slight cramping, I've been extremely tired, and my back hurts EVERYDAY. I'm currently in the U.S but I am from Canada so I can't go to the doctor... I took a test on Sunday October 11 but it came back negative I think I tested too soon. When should I retest? I'm confused and I don't know what to do... I don't think it's an infection because the discharge would be yellowish/greenish and I would have other symptoms like itching or burning when I pee which I don't have. I'm scared and confused and I need help :(
  • hey,,,, cn yuh help,,,the last tym i had my period was on oct 1, can i be pregnant,,,,,,i ave been using pt bt the response is negative
  • I took clear blue test from two weeks i had anal sex with my boyfriend from 4 weeks i have none of the symptomps and i feel as normal and the test get me negative answer and the second day i got my period

Could i be pregnant ? Till now i dont have any symptomps

Should i retake the test ?

And it is a anal sex
  • I'm a bit confused I'm definately pregnant but I thought I had a period the 8th February but it was slightly different. I had 2 positive tests 24th and 25th February. I am due on my period Sunday 6th March. Could I have had a positive that early on? Or am I further along than I thought?
  • Hi my due date is today... From last week im feeling exhausted, back pain, leg pain, drizziness, head ache... I have a doubt that im pregnant... When i need to take pregnancy test... Whether im pregnant r not
  • AARVIN, you can take a pregnancy test now if your period was due yesterday. Use a good brand like first response or superdrug. Good luck! X

• Hi im 3 days late i tested negative bt i always feel tired whays wrong with me pls help
  • Hi, i have very irregular periods because i suffer from pcos. For 3 weeks i have had sore boobs, on and off cramping, backaches, and leg cramps, bloating, and twinges in my belly and pelvic region. Normally i would associate the symptoms with pms but this time i have brownish yellow discharge that i only see when i wipe and usually at night (2 nights in a row now). No odor, just spotting. Could this be implantation? Beginning of a weird period? Cyst rupture? How soon after spotting can i test accurately? Thanks in advance, would be my very first pregnancy if it is even that, and i am 32 years old.
  • Hiya Im three days late and reading this I didn't even know you could take a test before you exspect your period?! I took one this morning and I'm not but I'm still really worried.. Iv been off the pill for three to four months now and me and my boyfriend went on holiday and we had unprotected sex and he cum inside and I was just off my period then by like one day so I was most fertile so now I'm really worried so I took a home test and nothing?? When shall I do another one? My boobs are hurting but no bad belly and no blood or any feeling that I'm going to come on ? But in eating mad!