Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Talkback: How soon can you take a pregnancy test?

Replies

• Hello mummies. Hope all is well with you. I have concerns now. Maly last period was january 26, 2016. And then i had spotting now starting last March 23-31 which is until today. I know its not menstruation because its so little. And the color is from red since only day 1 and 2 and the coming days are all brown spots. My normal menstruation is really heavy.

I have sore boobs now, feeling bloated every time I eat and sometimes i feel weak that i just want to rest. I tried to test 3X but i always get negative result. Im planning to go to the doctor to check my blood just to be sure if i am really pregnant. Praying and believing for a positive result since my daughter is 14yrs. old now.

Do you experience the same thing? I hope you could help me and really appreciate your response. Thanks!
  • By the way, my cycle is always 33-35 days.
  • Need some answers plz the nurse from WIC that did my pregnancy test confirm that I was pregnant and I tried to tell her that my cycle is every 25 days and in February I was bleeding but it was more than spotting but less than having my period for about 3 days and I'm regularly 7 Days on my period so can that mean that I was already pregnant then and my body was still just getting used to being pregnant
  • I was due a period in 2 days time, i got what I thought was a period this morning (4am) when I woke up there was bearly any blood on a panty liner but still switched to pads (I use re usable not disposable if that matters) and I've had the same one on all day (from about 3pm till now 1am) and there's bearly anythimg just a small bit. I've bearly any cramps and have had unprotected sex a few times (actively trying to convince ) I cheaked online and it says it could be an implation bleed, I don't want to do a test yet because I'll actually be quite upset if it's neg and the page I'm on says I can still get a neg result so don't want my hopes up, I'm wondering if anyone who has experienced impantation bleed can anyone help me to tell if it is or not. I know it can happen around the time of your period so I'm just unsure and just want some advice. I don't want nasty comments saying get a test or go doctors ect because I will do that just can't atm and afraid incase it's nothing, I've got a 5 year old and can't remember the implant bleed .

Thank you for any help .
  • My period was due September 28th and it's October 6th I am 8 days late I never missed my period before. I took 3 test and they all negative what should I do and is it too soon to tell?
  • Ok I have a question. Me and my fiancee have been having unprotected sex hoping to get pregnant and this week is my period it was suppose to come Monday and I haven't had it yet but I took 2 pregnancy tests and they came back negative. But I haven't had my period and I have been feeling cramping in my lower abdomen my boobs are tender and I've been suffer from nausea. Am I taking the tests to early?
  • I had protected sex about 3-4 days after my last period. I am due in about 2 days but I usually have my period a few days before my due date so I am feeling anxious. Should I take a pregnancy test? I have no more hope left. I am only noticing a few symptoms but they are very similar to symptoms of a coming period.
  • Hello All, I am 8dpo and been extremely tired for about a week and felt a little queasy just today. I am wondering if its all in my head though. I took a test yesterday an a BFN--maybe too early. I have stabbing pain in lower left abdomen but that has happened before AF before. I am afraid I am getting worked up over nothing at all. AF is due to start in another 5 days--hope she takes a 9 month vacation :)
  • Hi,

I haven't had a period in about 2 months and 2 weeks, and I went to the doctor to take a pregnancy test. It was negative, but the nurse was not in the back long to give me my results and however I did not see it. I have had plenty of pregnancy symptoms so I took another pregnancy test and still got a negative result. When should I test again? Is it possible that I could be pregnant?
  • I am not a mom, i've tried to ask my mom an advice but she only knew old techniques I guess. My last period was Oct 31 and until now Dec 8 I have no period. There was signs like sore breasts, back aching, however i found out that, such symptoms also symptoms of pregnancy. I took PT, not once, not twice, not trice but 4times! Different brands, yet I still get negative results. Is it normal? Should I be worried? What should I do? Is it time to go to OB?
  • I soon take a pregnancy test when I already have symptoms that I am conceiving and this is right after also I missed my period.

• Hi, I have irregular periods and I am having pregnancy symptoms but I took a test and it was negative, but if I am, I would have conceived on December 17th or around there. So I don't know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you
  • Hi I am 5 days late I done a test it said I am not pregnant but all I donto know what to as last time I was pregnant I did not know until 6 week when I got really ill please help me as I am not ready for a child as all most two years agof I gave birth but my daughter die at birth so she not here now and I am still trying to get over that and I don't want to lose anyou more as it is painful
  • My gf's periods are delaying. We don't have unprotected full intercourse but just one time insertion. I noticed that it didn't cum. Now her dates are delaying by 2 days. She doesn't have any symptoms of pregnancy. Now suggest me what would be the reason. Is she pregnant or something else?
  • Missed 1 period this month I'm a week late. now last one I had wad April 2nd lasting 1day my periods have been really regular and on time normally lasting 3days. done home pregenancy tests and getting different results don't know wheather I'm testing at the wrong time or what.tried to go the doctors 3 weeks ago and receptionist said it wasn't urgent enough arrrggghhh I just want to know. What do you think?
  • Okay, so i need help. I got my implant birth control on the 30th of june 2017.

I was told to wait 7 days before having sex and i had unprotected sex on july 8th 2017. I was told i didnt have to cause it would be USELESS but i took a Plan B 3 hrs after having sex that same day.

I started bleeding on the 22nd of july and it was brownish. I was scared of inplantation bleeding.

But now its the 27th of july and it seems to have turned red. I took a pregancy test AT NIGHT, (i know i should have taken it in the morning but i took one at night due to anziety attack). The test came out negitive.

I have always peed alot naturally. So i think and rememeber. I dont have sore breasts or any need to puke or eat more then usual.

Im honestly scared of being pregnant as the guy ive been seeing has told me he wants to see other people. And plus i have NO interest in being a parent.

Do any of you think i could be pregnant?

I have been on the depo shot multiple times previously so ive completely forgotten how my usual period is. I do plan on taking a tedt in the morning.
  • I need some help as to if I'm pregnant and if my pregnancy test was accurate. I last had my period which was supposed to come November 5,2017 but it came late November 19th and bleed for 6 days. 10 days later December 4th I started bleeding again which lasted for 4 days, when my normal period was supposed to come on a 7 day cycle. Yesterday I took a pregnancy test and it was positive. Should I take another one? Or am I 100% positive?
  • Hi just took a pregnancy test I got and it came out with two blue line but they have one line dark blue and the other line I think for the result is light blue do that mean that I'm still pregnant
  • Hi there, I need some advice please. I was due for an ultrasound last Monday (30th July) for pain in my side (nothing to do with pregnancy), but as the time got closer I realised I was 17 days late for my period. I took a test on the Sunday (29th July) and it was positive. Monday came and just before I was due for my appointment I started to bleed. I explained everything to the ultrasound technician and she confirmed there was a sign of a pregnancy and that 1. I could be going through a chemical miscarriage or 2. its far too early in the pregnancy. My husband works away so I know exactly when we had sex and by my reckoning I am weeks and 4 days pregnant today (if it wasn't a chemical miscarriage that is!). I would have been 2 weeks and 2 days when I had the ultrasound. I was told to take another test in 3 weeks time and phone with the result. But I'm impatient and I did one yesterday (a digital one) and it was positive, did 2 more cheap ones and they were negative. I'm peeing loads, absolutely knackered, lots of saliva although I haven't been sick, horrible taste in my mouth, backache, and twinges in tummy. A couple of days ago I was sat watching tv when I suddenly felt my head spin, but its only happened that once. What I'm asking is are these symptoms normal after a chemical pregnancy or could I have been too early and possibly still pregnant but just too soon to get a positive on all tests?
  • Hi Liltweety578, please do come and post your question on our main forum, with a picture of your test where we're sure you'll receive a good response. Just click here and the Pink Start a Thread button.