Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Talkback: False negative pregnancy test - how common is it?

Replies

• Hey all. Reading through all the posts and glad there are others out there. I am 9 days late, no period, not many symptoms tiredness and slight cramps but nothing much. I have taken 3 tests and all are negative. Doctor said try in two days again and the health clinic said it's unlikely that I am pregnant. I'm so confused. We want to be pregnant and are trying for a few months now so I don't want to think that I am not but can you really be still pregnant after 3 negatives? And if I'm not then where is my period. I'm usualy pretty regular. Anxious and just want to know, can I still be pregnant?  Xxx 

• i so my AF is normally due between the 12th and 14th of the month it will last as long as 4 days on the odd occasion it will come earlyier between the 3rd and 6th but only like 3 times a year so my period is normally on time or early and always very heavy but this month first time ever i got my period on the 8th it was on and off till the 10th then stopped and since i havent bleed it was also the lightest ive ever had it which is very un normal so today the 17th i took a first response pregnancy test and it came back negative im veru confused to what this may mean im not stressed or anything but also havent had any other symptoms did i take the test to early maybe or did i just get a light period for the first time ? any advice please
  • Hi I got my period 2 days early and lasted 4 days I took 3 tests all negative but I feel pregnant I got almost every symptom I don't know if I should wait to test again or what ?

Feedback would help alot
  • Hi, I've been scared lately, I don't know if I am pregnant or not, as i usually have an irregular period cycle. last month i started my period on the 17th or 18th and now i'm either a day or 2 late and i'm getting so scared because i've done 3 pregnancy tests, one 2 days ago, one yesterday at home and one today at a clinic. they all came out negative but i'm still unsure, especially after reading this article. can someone please help me? as i don't want to get pregnant again
  • I need your help im 2weeks late on my period .I have all the signs and symptoms but still negative result whats this mean ??
  • Hi I'm 3 days late on my period and I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative and I was wondering if I could be pregnant
  • The test will say negative or positive depends on the hcg level from your urine . negative means no hcg level so that means your period is just delayed.better to see a doctor to be sure.

• So I had the IUD for 3 years I got it removed on February 12 on February 14 I got my normal period before having the IUD know this month I haven't got my period its almost 2 weeks late but I have had 2 negative pregnancy test, but I feel nauseas sometimes in the morning and I feel really really tired all I want to do is sleep. What should I do? Is it to early to go talk to my doctor?
  • I usually get my period the middle of the month and have yet to get it. My back hurt . I feel sick when I eat. Breast sore. Lots of sign . took a test at home (in the pm) said negative. When to the Dr to take one and asked the lady if they were more accurate than home tests she said "I think so.." Anyways it said negative but still no period lots of signs. I just want to know :/ have been really stressed so that could be the reason behind late period.
  • I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. It was a digital test; however, I'm 20 days late and haven't even spotted. I also haven't experienced any PMS cramps that I normally get a week before. Plus, my breasts seem to be growing. Is it possible I could be pregnant?
  • I took a digital pregnancy test and it came back negative. My periods have been irregular for awhile now. My cycle seems to be more along the lines of every 5 or 6 weeks. I always start getting cramps about a week before. My last period was 7 weeks ago and I haven't experienced any cramps or spotting. My breasts also seem to be growing. Is it possible that I may still be pregnant?
  • Hi I am hoping someone can help advise me, I am on the back to back pill so i don't get any periods but 2 weeks after the last time I had sex I had very bad nausea and dizzy spells and I was feeling very tired but I don't know if this was because I couldn't eat because of feeling so sick so I took a pregnancy test to rule this out, I did take the test in the afternoon and it came back negative but a couple of days after, the sickness got worse and while at work I experienced a very bad dizzy spell and felt myself bleed as if starting a period. I bled for a day and a half and then after that it was just a little bit of spotting. it's been a couple of days after and my symptoms have calmed down alot although i still feel nauseous and a little dizzy. I know that bleeding on the pill isn't uncommon but I have been on the pill for years and have never bled before. it's only just over 3 weeks now so I don't know if I took the test too soon or if I should go to the doctors or see how I go. I don't want to waste their time. Any advice would be grateful thank you.
  • im 40 days late on my period but home tests are all telling me no. i get sick at night every night around the same time. my stomach is very itchy and im always grumpy for no reason. and i have no idea on what to do.
  • hi i just have a question;

i had my period like 1week ago and i feel lot of symptoms like i feel like im pregnant so i took a home test and the result was positive after 3 days i took a home test again and the result was negative but i still feel some symptoms can the home test can be wrong or im really not pregnant or im pregnant??thank u so much :-)
  • This would be my second pregnancy. I already have a girl she will be 3 in August. I am receiving negative results. I was supposed to get my monthly on June 28. Two days before I had some spotting. I think implantation bleeding. When will be test be positive. Also have many other symptoms of pregnancy as well. Can someone help. I know my body.
  • Hi everyone. My period is about six days late, was supposed to come on the 27th of june but nothing. I took two hpt tests, one a day after my missed period and one this morning and both were negative. I've had some cramping, i have to pee a lot, certain foods make me gag now that didn't before and some constipation (sorry ladies). Any advice? Bloodtests aren't an option right now though, dr said to wait a month. Thanks
  • Hi all. I'm about a week late, the two hpts i took were negative.. I feel some cramping, nausea, constipation (sorry ladies), tiredness and i want to eat everything sweet i see. Any advice? Doc won't do bloodtest till I'm a month late.

• hello ladies i don't understand what is going on with my period last saw my period on may 23 and its now july3 and since then my breasts has been so painful but with waist pain but no period and pregnancy test says "not pregnant''its the first time i missed my period please help .
  • I am 10 days late, and I did two pregnancy test. One three days ago in mid day and one two days ago in the morning as my first pee. And they both said negative. I'm having mood swings like crazy, and I feel sick every time I eat or smoke. Whenever I don't eat I feel full up, but whenever I do eat I feel sick and like I haven't eaten in days. I'm very confused. Last night my nipples were very sensitive and it's kind sketching me out. I have pain in my lower abdomen, but I don't know if hat is signs of me coming on, or not. I never usually miss periods, and if I'm late it's only ever by a day. I'm also tired all the time. I'm seventeen years old and my boyfriend doesn't want a child just yet, and I don't think I'm ready either. I'm worried that I am pregnant. I wouldn't be upset or mad if I am, I would but be scared about what everyone would say if I was. Can anyone help me out on if I am or not, and what I should do to find out?x
  • Okay new update! I am now 11 days late, and my hormones are going nuts. I've been crying, giggling and getting angry all day. My boyfriend is very worried about the pains in my lower abdomen and only the touch of his hand on my bare stomach calms the pain. I'm really really tired but because of the pain in my stomach, I can't seem to sleep. Right now I'm on the brink of crying because I'm worried about this, and I'm scared to be pregnant. Still not sure if I am and I'm completely freaked, what do I do? Xxxx