Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Talkback: False negative pregnancy test - how common is it?

Replies

• Ive missed my November period and i have a app to track my period which says im 17 days late i took a test yesterday two infact and the first one was a faded line and the second one went really bulky than what it should do but it was negative i think what do i do now?
  • Forgot to mention how bloated i am, also been getting headaches, stomach cramps also my eating habbits changes just constantly want to eat and visiting the toliet much more its rather annoying as i dont know wjat it is
  • I'm not sure if I'm pregnant or not but I took a test on the 20th of Dec. and it came out positive. Well 3 came out positive. Well I took another test bc I started bleeding and it came out negative. So I went and bought a digital clear blue pregnancy test and it said "pregnant" 1-2 weeks and so today I took another so I could tell my parents with it for Christmas and it said "not pregnant" is there anyway that it could be a false not pregnant.
  • Hi I am a little confused at the moment 😏 I did a pregnancy test on 23rd Dec CB Digital and came out positive 2 days later repeated also positive one week after that got faint positive 3 times on cheaper test the last week found I had a uti which is being treated but went to local clinic and test came out negative all tests since have been negative 17 days late no bleeding white discharge but still negative any ideas?
  • Hi there Miz410, we're afraid we can't answer your question as we're not medical experts, so all we can recommend is to seek medical advice. In the meantime, if you’d like to chat to others who’ve maybe been through the same thing as you are going through now, please do post in the Pregnancy section of our forum where we think you'll get a better response than on this article thread.

• Hey moms & mommies to soon be!!

Zamia Elmi!! You have no idea how much hopes you have given me!! I havent had my period since Nov. 7 which was the last day of my period. Which practically means im 2 months late but ever since i was 3 weeks late i have taken 3 pregnancy test and all came back Negative!! Which was a huge disappointment for me! I haven't gone to the doctor but tomm. Im stopping by, im almos 90% positive i am pregnant & just hopefully hopefully i run with the same luck as you!! I had a miscarriage a little more then a year ago and it destroyed me with in, so now i just really hope its my time! Good luck to all of us in the waiting to conceive! 🙏🏼
  • Ok so my son is 8 months. I got on the deposit right after I had him. Been right on time for every deposit after that. I had to get off two months ago when I realized I was feeling kicking. Now I've taken about 23 diffrent tests all negative. My doctor refuses to do anything until I get a positive test result. My sons positive test result didn't happen till I was ten weeks three days pregnant. I know I am pregnant again, I'm sick gaining a lot of weight, heart burn, sore breasts, along with lactation again, rapped in to one big mess. I haven't breastfeed since my sons third week of life. My mastitis started all over. I just need some advice please tell me what I can do?
  • I haven't had my period for a whole month I took a test and it came back positive, is there still a possibly that I can't be pregnant. 17 years young here. And I don't really know how to feel. I need help
  • I'm freaking out and can use some help. I have researched everything i could and nothing is giving me the answers i need so hopefully some of you ladies might be able to give me an answer.

I am currently 2 months late. Last period was november 18th 1015. I have taken two pregnancy tests (both cheap) and they have both came up negative. I have just recently started to get pregnant like symptoms like constant urination, cramping, sore nipples, mood swings, loss of appetite, weird cravings, and others. I haven't had any of these symptoms before. I know they say that if you keep getting false tests to go get checked but i don't have insurance so it makes it kind of hard. I just don't want to pay $1,000+ to get another negative result from a doctor but i don't know what else to do. so my question is, is it possible to be two months late and still not be pregnant? Should i go to the doctors and get tested there? please help!!!
  • My last period was not 16th it is now Jan.20th ? Why could this be if a pregnancy test said negative
  • I am 8 days late for my period and I have done 5 pregnancy tests all negative, I have the mood swings the sore boobs and feeling sick in the morning though I don't throw up and I had spotting just before my period was due I need help am I pregnant or is something else wrong!!
  • hey my name is kacey lake  my boyfriend think i am pregnant  because i miss my period  I never miss my period and I keep on taking the pergnat test and its keep on saying  I am not pregnant 

• like what kind of crazy 

• I need any advice possible me and my partner have been leaving it to god whether we get pregnant or not. We haven't used contraception and have made our lifestyles a bit healthier. I am not 12 days late for my period. I have a few symptoms like, mega sore and swollen boobs, and sore nipples. I have been sick all day today like not stopped, I have been so so tired, bloated, and small amount of cramping in lower abdomen and heartburn. I had 1 very very faint line on Saturday (1 week late) but all others have been negative? Could I still be pregnant? X
  • Please help!!! I am experiencing symptoms of being pregnant but I don't know what to do. I took a test at home it was negative and one at the doctors it was negative again. My boobs are veiny and itchy and I'm experiencing thicker mucus downstairs, thrush. My tests may have been to early to tell I'm pregnant but I need suggestions I would really appreciate any advice from anyone its only been two weeks so!!! Thanks ladys
  • Hi,

I have gotten four negative tests, but I have many of the early pregnancy signs (nausea, dizziness, runny nose, nose bleeds, missed period, fatigue, constipation, headaches, changes in my breasts and nipples, stomach cramps, slight bleeding, and mood swings). I'm not exactly ready to be pregnant, but I would like to know one way or another. I am on the pill, but have stopped taking it just in case. I can't afford a blood test, so I was just wondering of there was anyone who has had a similar experience to mine.

TL;DR: I have a lot of the early signs of pregnancy, but have had four negative home pregnancy tests. I can't afford a blood test, so I wanted to know if anyone has had a similar experience.
  • Hi. I am looking for advice & to see if anyone has been in a situation simlar to mine. I had my 1st child when i was 18 and i had unprotected sex after for 2 1/2 years before i got pregnant again. My second daughter is now 2 1/2 we havent used protection since having her either. I havent had a period since late december/early january now and ive done about 6 *cheap* tests and theyve all come back negative. Before ive always experienced the "feeling" when you sort of know you are pregnant, but this time because weve been trying i dont want to convince myself i am pregnant if im not, so ive been ignoring it. Ive also had that morning sicknesses/heart burn constantly and im so so tired but again ive just pushed it to the back if my mind. I eventually went to the doctors yesterday and hes just put me to have some blood tests and never even mentioned pregnancy. Ive always been a qorst case scenario type of person & now im starting to worry.. has anyone got any advice for me please?
  • I took a pregnancy test 5 days after conception and it was positive, then for every week after it said negative, my period is now due but hasn't came yet and I don't feel the usual period symptoms I would normally get before my period? ????
  • I have a question i came on my period feb17 2016 in i was supposed to come on again this month on the 15 but didnt come on .then 7 days later i started sending light pink in then the next day it was heavy blood could i still be pregnant..cause I took a pregnancy test the next day after i was surpose to come on but it said i was not pregnant..could i still be pregnant
  • I've done 4 pregnancy test all negative and I'm 8 days late no spotting but very tired mum of 6 now 47 and diabetic need advice x