Forum home Article comments

Talkback: False negative pregnancy test - how common is it?

Replies

• Hi I took a clearblue test it said not pregnant however when i checked on the calender at dates it said I won't have enough hcg to detect just yet! Has anyone else had this? Any advise thanks
  • hi, I missed my period. The date was 8/9 October.I did one pregnancy test which was negative.I can't see any kind of symptoms of pregnancy. Something white coming out instead of period. Is there any chance that I am pregnant?
  • My cycle came 5days early but it only lasted 2days when usually it last for 7days. It wasnt a heavy cycle as usual it was a light pink and had mucus on the 2nd day. I took a test it said negative. Ive been having really bad cramps nd headaches dizziness and the weirdiest dream ever.
  • Hi guys,

First time posting so here goes...

Ive taken a test this morning and it was negative, I'm not due my af until Tuesday but couldn't wait any longer its driving me crazy not knowing, I've been feeling nauseous, up at least twice every night for a pee, and recently had 2/3days of spotting around day 20 of my normal 28day cycle.

I know I should have waited until I'm actually overdue, but just wondered if anybody else had experienced the same and did turn out to be actually pregnant? It's only our second month of trying, I didn't actually realise how complicated it can be!!tia
  • I haven't had my period since nov 3rd. It December 14th and still no period, I have taken tests 2 weeks apart but it keeps saying it's negative. What should I do?
  • I was delayed for almost 2 months last August and September, and tried to test using a Pregnancy Test Kit, I tried it August 6, August 23 and September 19 and it all turns negative. And I have my monthly period on September 22 and October 21. But I notice that my belly getting bigger and everyone asking me if I am pregnant. And as of today, 2 months delayed. But, my last conceive is August 2.
  • im expecting my menstruation every 23 and i am very regular then 6 is my ovoulation after 13 days i have this brownish blood i think its the implantation bleeding. you know never become so early at first i think its my menstruation then sudenly it stops for 2 days im confuse at first because this is my first pregnancy before i knew it i got 5 negative test. when im 3 days late then 5 days then 6 then 7 then 8 i never stop trying because i i know and i really feel i am pregnant then i try again now i got a positive result. i am already 12 days late before i get this positive result. before im just reading first sign of pregnancy if you feel you have atleast 3 sign then you still get negative wait for 3 days then take a test again. goodluck
  • I've had a regular period but I had spotting soon after and I have been throwing up a little for the last few days...I'm not sure if I'm pregnant or not I'm actually really confused.c
  • I had lost my pills while moving house and my doctors refused to see me or give me a prescription so for 2 weeks i had no pills until my fiance found them. When I miss a pill or 2 I go straight onto my period but I didn't do it this time. We decided that maybe we should try and have a baby. It has been 5 weeks since I last took the pill and i'm getting signs (no period, morning sickness, sore boobs etc) I have taken 6 superdrug pregnancy tests, 4 of say negative and 2 of which have a faint line and a strong line. I'm not quite sure what to do
  • Hi EveryOne I Know That This Post Is Old But I Am Officially 15 Days Late On My Period I Was Supposed To Came On On The 6 But I Only Spotted Pink For Like An Hour And That was It So After Me And My Bf Seen That There Wasn't Anything There When I Wiped We Had Sex And He Nutted In Me .. And Now I'm Having All Of The Symptoms Of Being Pregnant Except For Throwing Up But Took A Test On Last Week But Got A Negative So Next Time I Take One I'ma Take It On The Day That I'm Supposed To Come On My Period And Hopefully I Get A Positive .. But Do U Guys Think I'm Pregnant ?
  • I'm experiencing pelvic pain on my right side I should be 2 days into my period done 2 tests and are negative can I still be pregnant
  • I'm 7 days late now and getting really worried, I have missed periods before, I've been under a lot of stress and am taking anti-depressants, my friend also recently found out she was pregnant? Do you think that I could have prevented my period due to stress over my friend and due to my tablets?
  • Or it could be a rare situation like me.

I missed 10 periods, tonnes of negative home and blood tests. Looking into piturity gland issues. 6 scans in total, visited by a gyno, no signs of pregnancy minus the sickness. Then 3 days ago, my doc wanted to do another scan to see if any change, last scan was 2-3 months prior. To ALL our shock, there was a baby. 3-4 months along.... rare case, doc was so shocked, but possible. I already have a 15 month old! Scary situation but amazing one too!

Good luck
  • Ive been feeling super sick for the past week and i keep having period cramps i dont start my period untill the 13th usually and its only the 5th i get heart burn from everything also i feel constipated but when i do poop its only a small amount, some certain things i just cant handle the smell of. i took a test at 2:00 pm and it came out negative i even talked to my sister today (she has two kids) she told me theres a good chance i could be and to take a test now just in case the 13th never comes...should i wait untill then? I dont know Im just tired of feeling sick and this would be my first one
  • I cant even put pressure on my stomach because of how bad it hurts and after i eat anything i feel like im going to throw it all up
  • I saw my period last on the 22nd of April, through out last month till date I have not seen it and the pregnancy test shows negative. Hope there's no problem because am worried and I need advice please.
  • My pergency is negative tested 2days back.in a month i got periods twice for 15months whch hppnd only in last month.. I am pergent or wil i get periods i should get periods on 9th of june. Stil no yet got. Now i m having lite white sticky discharge. Can you please help me out
  • Hi, ive had an ectopic pregnancy 25 sep last year, and now i feel as if im pregnant again, breast being sore and back pains. 2 weeks ago i wipe me and my discharge was brownies but only for two days, i took a test 2 days ago but it showed negative, i was on the 3 months injection (only for that 3 months) and never went back again. could i be pregnant (and will it be again an ectopic pregnancy) im very scared
  • This is my first time posting... I had a miscarriage on Feb. I got my period on March 5th and then I got it the 17th... I haven't gotten my period and I did 3 pregnancy test but from the 99c store... I have no symptoms but I have been crying alot I am very sentimental... but that's it... what should I do???
  • First time posting, so I have not gotten my period since december and I took a pregnancy test in January and it was negative, No symptoms or anything, February came and were almost at the end of the month and For the past 2 weeks ive been feeling light cramps, headaches, sore breast and nausea specially before going to sleep, and I end up not being able to sleep all night, I took a pregnancy test today but it did not work I might have peed on it too much or too little, I am scared I might be infertile