Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Talkback: GM cows to produce human breast milk?

Replies

• I'm with Charmaine on this one, and would not give any Baby of mine genetically modified cows milk, no-one knows the long term side effects this chemical milk, and how it could be harmful for our Babies long term.
  • Why is everyone so desperate to come up with something other than breastmilk? As Charmaine said we are designed to feed our babies breastmilk not something genetically modified or out of a bottle.
  • totally agree with all of you. strange world
  • I AGREE WITH YOU GUYS TOO! I MEAN REALLY WHY BOTHER GENETICALLY MODIFYING COWS. I THOUGHT THAT FORMULA WAS SUPPOSED TO MIMIC BREAST MILK ANYWAY. THERE'S ENOUGH CONTROVERSY OVER BREAST OR BOTTLE FEEDING WITHOUT THROWING MUTANT COWS INTO THE MIX!
  • Agree with everyone above ~ WHY???

Can scientists stop wasting time and money creating stupid things like this. Surely they could get money to do something that there is an actual idea of consquences not these GM things!!

(Formula is only a mimic it doesn't have all the natural immunity stuff etc as no one can make a chemical version of it plus when it is made from cows milk there is lots of things that can cause problems (though can be the same with breast milk which baby can be affected by different foods that the mother eats)
  • Oh dear, what is this world coming to! Either feed babies human milk, as we are designed to or not! I would not feed them milk from GM cows