Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: Family dog finds and looks after missing toddler

Replies

• Options

Jack is 22 months, and last week, after his dad got home from work, Robert (8) went out to play with the neighbour's child.  The house went quiet shortly afterwards, I assumed Jack was with his dad and his dad assumed the same.

There was a knock at our door, and it was the neighbour returning Jack.  He walked into her house, the same house his brother was in.  But we live in the country, so the house is not just next door, but it's not too far away either.  I now keep the doors locked.

SO children can get out very easily, just glad my child and this other child were safe, and glad his dog was looking after him.

• Options
    awh this story made me cry-it just shows dogs hav instincts-to think he was guarding that child-he prob saved his life-dogs are amazing-as for the boy getting out -i keep my doors locked but get sick of visitors friends and family alike sayin y hav ya locked ya door!im like er cos i hav a two year old !
  • Options
    Ahh Bless. Not sure how a 2 y.o got out on his own :-( However, good on the family dog, these animals are sooo amazing sometimes!