Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Talkback: Midwife's guide to home births

Replies

• I agree too, just would like to add that I used HypnoBirthing for my second birth and didn't need any pain relief at all. It was an amazing water birth too! Being in your own home after the birth is really wonderful and not having to choose who can be there and who can stay after the birth.
  • I totally agree with this, I have had a hospital birth and a home birth and I would choose home everytime! There is nothing like getting into your own shower and your own bed afterwards! I rented a pool and used natalhypnotherapy techniques and it was amazing and so were my midwives!
  • I had my eldest in hospital and next 2 babies at home and the home births were more pleasant, relaxing and less painful. The best thing was having a proper cup of tea afterwards, and going to bed with my hubby on 1 side of me and baby in the moses basket on the other. It was a better way for the big brothers to meet their new sibling too. I am planning on having my new baby at home too in a few weeks time.
  • Completely agree with this - I opted for a homebirth after initially being certain I would want to go to hospital. But it was much more relaxing being able to be at home and I had no pain relief except a TENS machine and birthing pool set up in the kitchen. It was also lovely to be able to have a shower in my own bathroom and my Mum and partner were able to be part of the birth - whereas at hospital I would have had to choose. If you have supportive midwifes then it should always be the first choice.