Forum home Article comments

Talkback: Katie Holmes - embarrassed by certain photos of Suri Cruise

Replies

• Hmm. Imagine what she's going to be like when she's older if she doesn't learn that you can't have everything your own way. I can't believe the attitude on some kids. My two would never get away with ruling what goes on. I think it's sad that lots of kids seem to call the shots these days with parents going along with stuff for a quiet life. I know tantrums are a nightmare but how else do you teach your child if they always believe they're right, even when they're not.

Also, along the same lines, but, I'd be really concerned that my child was going to be incredibly shallow if she already thinks everything is about image and labels. It's very sad. Maybe Jo Frost should do celebrity house calls. I'd watch that :0)

• I'm with Katie on this, if Suri doesn't want a coat on then don't put one on! Kids don't feel the cold the same as their over fussy mothers! I get sick of hearing parents mixing up setting boundaries for their children with total control. You don't catch a cold from not wearing a coat...you get them from a virus!!! I think poor Katie gets some right flak, she seems like a great mum to me & I bet Suri has lots of fun, love & happiness, whether she's dressed in Primark, or Prada!
  • I'm not saying she's not a great mum Barbara, just that if she is embarrassed then it is a problem really. Letting your kids do what they want is one thing but when you find their behaviour or what they wear at that age embarrassing it isn't really a good thing. I was only giving my opinion which is what the site is about, not trying to cause offense.

• seems like a nightmare child.