Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Talkback: Cryptic pregnancy - when you don't know you're pregnant

Replies

• Hi my name is Jazmine and for the past 4 months I’ve been experiencing high pregnancy symptoms but every test I took be it at home or at the doctors came up negative, Has anyone gone through this before?
  • Babygrl1314Babygrl1314 Regular
    edited Jan 1, 2021 12:19PM
    Ive been getting all the pregnancy symptoms and yet been to the doctors and took home test and all came back negative and I still have a slight bleeding around the time of my period a month after all my symptoms started. Is anyone else have the same thing going on and what do u thing I should do? Wait and test again in a few weeks or go back to my doctors and ask for a blood test this time since they didn't do that the first time and gave me a urine sample to do. Kells410 I have been having the same issues and its hard going though the though of it but there is no doubt that your not pregnant if your are...womens intuition always knows better than we do ourselves in our minds. If your feel like you are and your body along with your gut says it then I would follow your gut hubby.
  • hi I found your post fascinating. I’m 45 and have had six kids. I just missed two periods with slight spotting for  a day or two. Taken three tests and all day negative but I have the discharge and tingly boob feeling as well as nausea. I’m starving all the time and shattered too. What is happening with you now, if you don’t mind me asking?

• By the way... also wanted to wish you all the best x
  • I havent gotten anything but negative tests...i still feel like im pregnant but got my period after I started feeling all the issues I have. My sister and my mom ended up both having a period the first 4 month of their pregnancies and then it later went away to only find out they were pregnant so I hope thats not whats going on with me cause as long as I keep getting my period they will not do anything and ill keep getting negative tests results. So I dont know what I should do next.
  • I haven’t gotten my period since October 8th 2020 but the urine test says negative. I feel pregnant! I am always bloated and constipated which is very unlikely of me. Loss of appetite and I visit the bathroom a lot. I’m really confused. Has anyone experienced this before?
  • I’m very similar! No period since October 17th, but tests are negative. Bloating, constipation, nausea, bathroom lots, don’t fancy eating, some days I want hubby attention, sometimes I want to be left very much alone! (Very unlike me!) Bloods were taken November and all good, doctor suspects it’s mild IBS but sometimes my stomach is so big and cannot sit comfortably at all... Being referred for scan (hope it’s ultrasound?) but still waiting to hear on date.
  • Hi I don’t suppose anyone can help me. Me and my partner are trying for a baby. I had my coil taken out on 2nd of October.
    I felt a little funny on the 8th of November ,I got a pregnancy test and yay faint positive. However the next morning I come on and believed this to be a chemical pregnancy. Bleeding lasted one day. Which is strange as I’m normal 5-7days bleeding. It was gutting but we decided to keep trying. I had another bleed on 26th. But again this lasted one day. Jan 9th (Saturday)I hadn’t come on and thought I’d try a test ( you know what it’s like when your trying lol). And a line still faint but much more visible appeared. I tested again and again all positive. And I tested with clear blue and indicated pregnant 1-2 weeks. I was over the moon I showed my partner who works away. He Come home Monday and decided to show him in person. We purchased another clear blue but this time negative. No bleeding, no nothing. Im aware of false positives but 5 tests giving positive result is a lot to all be false , I’m now a week late. Had bloods done today ? Anyone had this. X
  • My last period was in November and I haven't had a positive pregnancy test. I feel pregnant but I am not sure what's going on. I went to the doctor last week and my test was negative also. 
  • LOZ77777LOZ77777 New
    edited Feb 1, 2021 1:48PM
    Same as you guys. Missed one completely, but negative tests. My friends tell me its premenopause but been very regular till now. Currently 25 days late. Guess we just see what happens in a few days 🤷‍♀️ Nauseous, bloating, sensitive stomach and boobs. No broken sleep hot flushes or headaches
  • I read through the comments and I was surprised to see that I am not the only one having the issue of am I pregnant or not. I am 41 years old, I've never had any kids, but I have always dreamed of having a baby. I am in a Committed relationship and in August around my birthday we decided that we wouldn't use any type of birth control. We would love to have a baby but I have never allowed myself to be really hopeful about it because I don't want to be disappointed if it doesn't happen. I'm older than my significant other (I am 41and he is 35) so we know he is still very fertile, but I'm not sure how fertile I am. I have always had a regular cycle, never missed a period and I was always on time until October. I had my last regular period in September, and only very little spotting in late October and again a few weeks later in early November and nothing since. I have never in my life thought I was pregnant, until now. My body feels like it's changing, like there is something different, and it's so unlike me to suddenly stop having periods even at my age. I bought pregnancy tests from both clear blue and first response. I took the 3 clear blue tests first and they all showed a faint positive sign. Then I took the 3 first response tests one was a faint positive and the last two were negative. So I feel very confused about what to think, all I know is that for the first time ever I feel like I am pregnant. So I will be going to see my doctor Friday and hopefully I get the answer to am I pregnant or not.
  • Best wishes to you love. 
  • LOZ77777 said:
    Same as you guys. Missed one completely, but negative tests. My friends tell me its premenopause but been very regular till now. Currently 25 days late. Guess we just see what happens in a few days 🤷‍♀️ Nauseous, bloating, sensitive stomach and boobs. No broken sleep hot flushes or headaches
    Any updates am 25 days late now and would like to see if there's any hope 
  • I took another home pregnancy test yesterday and it was positive! I will be going to the doctor next week to confirm. 
  • Once I get confirmation from my doctor I am very likely to be 21 weeks already. That's how it took before I got a positive test. The baby's due date would be somewhere around June 22nd. I am so happy, but I am really scared too what if I go the doctor and he tells me that I'm not pregnant, that would crush me! 
  • @Jessica79 when did you take your test? I haven't had my period since November 11th and I still haven't gotten a positive test. I have an appt on February 22nd with my Dr. My fingers are crossed. I am praying for you. Please keep us updated. 
  • My first pregnancy twin boys. Never got a positive test. Had them healthy at 37 1/2 weeks at over 5lbs each.
    Only find out I was pregnant cause around my 8 week ish mark got sick went to the er they took a test said I wasn’t but did a ultrasound and then come back showing not one but 2 heartbeat. Was told with no hcg I would miscarriage but I could get care for them as long as I had heartbeats.

My 2nd pregnancy twin girls didn’t think I was pregnant (though it was food poisoning) very sick for 3 days at home. The smell of water would send me in to throwing up for 5-10. Just the smell of it! Hcg was negative. Did a scan and showed I was around 8-10 weeks with two heartbeats again. But hcg showed up around 17weeks.

3nd pregnancy had zero idea I was pregnant. I faulted and hit my head and start my bleeding. I was late so that it was my period. Then pain set in and not to say to much it wasn’t my period and went to the er where they told me I had a miscarriage mostly cause of my blood pressure and my heart was in danger.

Years later and married now.

My 4 felt pregnant knew in my heart I was. But my doctor said my hcg was negative on a pee test won’t even order a blood test and change my medicine and told me to use birth control and spermicide and condoms and you just go home. I didnt. But I still had to take my new Rx for my thyroid and my thyroid levers when up and after a few more weeks of fighting her she orders a scan showing am 4 weeks (but I should have been 8 weeks at the time of the scan) but me hubby felt maybe I was just wrong about dates. Order blood test and as we wait to see what it says I miscarriage. The doctor says I had a miss miscarriage (it where I lost the baby at 4 weeks but didn’t start to bleed yet). Got my ass a new doctor cause she won’t even say she was sorry or wrong and she stold by what she had told me about using birth control and spermicide even when I was telling her I felt pregnant. This was year 2020.

After that me and my husband wanted a baby. We wasn’t trying for a baby then but wasn’t we started thinking about what if’s.(his not the father of my other 4) we really wanted that for our marriage and life. So I didn’t go back on birth control.

November 26, 2020 was the first day of my last pregnancy.
    Every symptom in the book.
    All pee test say am not.
    But I can’t find a doctor to do anymore test then a pee test cause of what ever reason.

Am I pregnant?

My history says there a high change.
    My body seems to think so.
    My cat thinks so. (His be came a lap cat out of the blue and won’t leave my side and his health is fine had him cleared and see by a vet 2 times now)
    My husband think I am and his over the moon.
    Spend 2 hours with my brother in laws wedurday night and they ask me if I was pregnant. (Me and hubby haven’t told anyone yet) they said something about how I was acting but I not sure.

Am addicted to caffeine like bad. About 2 months ago one drink makes my belly run for the hills and I can’t touch the stuff. No soda no coffee for get Energy drinks. With all my pregnancy I’ve tried to give up caffeine cold turkey, had whip draws so bad that my obgyn banged me to drink caffeine (we agreed to all the chocolate milk(cause it does have little bit it.) I could drink and 1 large soda a week. Yes I know it a safe to drink up to 200mg a day I just don’t feel it safe. This time it’s not a fight I take one -2 drinks of my coffee and am pouring it out.

Yet I can’t get a doctor to do any more test on me see if am pregnant tell they see a positive pee test. Even throw I never had a pee test work ever for me and only one time a blood test showed at 17 weeks with my girls.

If am not pregnant I wish someone would tell me wtf is wrong with me then.
  • I made an account just to post my experience because it lines up with other women here. If you conceived around Oct/Nov but are getting ignored by doctors please read!

My period is on a regular 5 week cycle. Has been for years. Partner and I have been TTC for about 6 months. Oct 12 was the first date of my last period. We think conception was on Halloween. First missed period was in November.

I have peed on 50+ bulk strips, a bunch of the expensive tests, had 2 blood tests. All negative. My stomach is now huge and I'm starting to feel movement at an estimated 18 weeks. I've had every pregnancy symptom in the book. People are commenting now asking if I am pregnant. But the doctors response to this has me concerned more than anything.

My regular OBGYN after 2 missed periods says without a positive test we can't do an ultrasound to confirm, but prescribes a pill to induce a period which she says will end any potential pregnancy. So I seek a second opinion who gives a quick exam and says I don't feel pregnant even though at this point I can feel a small hard spot above my pubic home. She also prescribes me the pill to induce a period but says it won't hurt the baby if there is one. So then I go to Planned Parenthood, at this point showing clearly. The doctor says I can see your belly is distended but we don't give ultrasounds at all and to try my primary.

So I go to my primary who is shocked by how large and firm my belly is and notes this in my file in big red letters. She orders an emergency ultrasound STAT and that happens the next day. They wouldn't let me see the screen, they still (a week later) have not uploaded the pictures of my healthy empty uterus that has no uterine lining buildup according to the stats she gave me. If I have no build up of lining then why is my belly distended and rigid to the point that 2 doctor's have noted it?

So I call to ask and get another doctor covering for mine. She said it was odd they didn't check the fallopian tubes for an ectopic pregnancy but she'll call me later with more info. When she calls back she's stuttering and says that fallopian tubes don't show up on ultrasounds even if there is something wrong. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Fine. Say everything is perfectly normal and there's something else causing the distended and rigid abdomen as described in my medical file, what is the next step?

This woman has the audacity to tell me to eat plain rice and plain boiled chicken so the swelling goes down. You can't make this up!

Ladies I've been watching these comments and a lot of us started feeling pregnant around the same time. I think something larger is going on. Maybe Covid affected how hCG is detected? But I know my doctor's and they have never treated me like this before and I want answers and the medical care I deserve.
  • The same thing happened to me.  I was told that I have to take progesterone for 10 days and then Femlara. 
  • Hello my name is Elizabeth Kelley I have not had a period but have been spotting for 15 days now last Friday I had symptoms of nausea and feeling sick to my stomach I had a blood test done for pregnancy and dr said it came back negative but I have a uti I think I am pregnant though can I get some advice please