Forum home Article comments

Talkback: Helping your toddler learn

Replies

• Hi Rachel Louise Curran, as an EYFS teacher myself. Throughout children's school life they will learn to hold pen, pencils, paint brushes etc a certain way (they are still learning) and there is no right or wrong way to hold them he will learn as he goes along and will have a preference for the dominant hand etc. Try not to force him to write his name as some children when they write letters they cannot form it the correct way and wil be pressured when you say "No that's not a C" because in there mind even a small smark or circle looks like a C etc. There are other ways you can get him to learn - especially looking at books with large print in the words in order for him to recognise and sound out letters, also an alphabet chart in his room. Hope this helps ^_^
  • My child goes reception hes 4 but if hes home n i try learn him someting like to write his name he has no intreat atall he just gets mad when i ask him i try my hardest to get him to hold q pen tge right way but he still hasnt got it bless , can anyone help how to him xxx