Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Talkback: Pregnant woman's hidden camera shows people don't give up their seats on the Tube

Replies

• What else do you expect in London? Recently returned from there and found it to be the most selfish, inconsiderate and pig ignorant city I have ever been too.
  • Man perspective here. 1. cg77 disagree here. The child can stand, children take less space, and are less injured if they fall. 2. I have regularly been chastised by women for offering them a seat or told that they "don't need it". 3. When people stand near the door (which is the case here) and have not "moved down" on a not particularly full train, it often looks as if they are intending on travelling 1 stop. The public don't notice.

As someone with an invisible disability, one has to turf people out of seats quite assertively. The words "You need to move, I need to sit there" work quite well.
  • The first one is a child, I would expect the mom to offer her seat, not the child. The rest are too oblivious or pretend not to notice. When I was pregnant I would get in the carriage and actually had to "shout" 'can I have one of the priority seats, please' so I could sit. I did have a woman ask me why once...