Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Talkback: Move over iCandy and Bugaboo, Mima is the hot new buggy brand in town

Replies

• I own a Mima Xari. I purchased it in June 2011. It had only been in our local John Lewis dept store for a week when we bought it so we were the first to buy. My husband and I loved the style of this pushchair and decided to buy one even though our son was 6 months old. For the past 4 months we have had nothing but problems. In fact, I am attending JL in the morning to ask for my money back.
    After the first week we noticed a large dent on the underside of the seat. It turns out this was caused by the break pedal pushing on it when the pram is folded down. No where in the users manual does it say that ( or it didn't until we pointed the problem out) the pedal should be in the 'lock' position when closed down. Our seat was changed with no problems but we were told that the dent would have come out with the use of a hairdryer as putting heat on the dent would have made it pop out?!?! Erm, dont see why it should happen in the first place and none of this is mentioned in the manual!!!
    Anyway, we paid £50 (very overpriced!) for the sun umbrella. It was faulty and did not Stay up! The umbrella attaches to the pushchair just by a clip. My son kept pulling it off deaming it useless! The umbrella needs to attach with a screw clamp (like the Silvercross) which would stop the child from being able to pull it off. JL refunded our money with no problems as the assistant agreed with me when I said it was useless!
    The raincover split the first time we used it! This was replaced without a problem.
    The final straw was when the grey coating on the pram has been scuffed by where my son had his feet. The pram is now ruined. We have owned it for 4 months. Surely a pram should be a tougher in the foot area?! My son is 9 months old and does not wear outdoor shoes.
    We are so disappointed in this pram. It looks fantastic and everyone likes it. We have experienced problems with every part other than the chassis. I would not recommend it.