Forum home› Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: 10 of the best family-friendly cafes in Wandsworth

Replies

• Options
    The food in Tartine is very good, but there isn’t much room for pushchairs. The staff get a bit annoyed with you, when there are two of you with prams!
  • Options
    Quick Update - Crumpet on the Northcote Road has now closed to make way for a Phase Eight but a new themed family cafe called Wonderworld of Wishes has opened not far away on Lavender Hill. It has a play area, baby and toddler area, lots of toys and daily play sessions as well as coffee and cakes for mums.
  • Options
    The Wandsworth cafe scene moves to quick! Chandlers has also just closed down as the owner needed to have an operation on her back and decided she just couldn't keep the cafe going. I gather there are plans afoot to reopen it as a cafe so watch this space.

In the meantime, the old Crumpet on Barmouth Road, SW18 has been taken over by a consortium of 10 local families. They have toys and books for kids, free daily toddler story times, coffee, cakes and light meals.
  • Options
    I must try Tartine, I went in when it first opened but haven't been recently.. it always looks lovely and welcoming. Bertie and Boo has a lovely menu, only thing is it gets busy and a bit pushed for space so I would try to avoid it if you have a huge buggy!